Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC is not working

JUSTINRHOADES65
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a new handset that is locked to Vodafone however it had not been used on the Vodafone network. I requested an NUC however it does not work. Is the reason it does not work because the handset has not been connected to the Vodafone network? Will the NUC still work if I am not in the UK? I have since bought a PAYG Vodafone sim which I have already topped up, it was bought on 10th September 2017. Should I try and enter the NUC again? I have used 3 of my 5 attempts. I have not tried the NUC since I bought the new PAYG sim.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

For the phones imei number to have latched onto the Vodafone network it should really have been used on the UK Vodafone Network however because Vodafone UK have issued an unlocking code that shouldn't be an issue. 

A phone needs to be in the U.K for the unlock code to be guaranteed to work.

Is there anyone you can ship the phone to in the U.K to try and complete the unlocking process. Weighing up the shipping out and back costs !

The  exception is the iPhone which is because it does not unlock via inputting a physical code. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did visit the UK and the unlock code did not work when I was there. I only tried once but was very careful ensuring the NUC was entered correctly. I was advised to request another NUC however after completing the online form again, the NUC team said they had already sent me an NUC for this IMEI number and will not send another one. Is there only one NUC for each handset? Is there any possibility of the NUC being incorrect? What happens if I exceed my attempts to unlock the phone?

Some phones can have more than one unlocking code. 

If you exceed the amount of tries then the phone will master lock and you'll most probably only get that counter reset by having to send it Off to the Manufacturer. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.