main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other OS

Lumia 1020 won't switch network when roaming

Highlighted
4: Newbie

My Lumia 1020 will not pick up a new network when I cross borders in Europe. I regularly travel by car between France, Belgium and Holland for business. Every time I cross the border I get no service. I have to switch my phone off and back on again to get a signal. Then it picks up the network of the country I am in. This is quite a hassle as I stay in a hotel in Belgium but the office is over the border in Holland so I get this twice a day when travelling to and from the office when on a business trip.

This is the first phone I have ever had that does this. All the other phones I have roamed with, including my old Lumia 800 automatically picked up the new network when I crossed borders. Network selection is set to automatic. Is this a "feature" of the Lumia 1020 or is something not working correctly?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @Milzee 

It should automatically switch to another network when you move between countries.

Are you able to manually select a different network yourself by manual roaming

Thanks, 

Phil

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi Phil

Yes I can manually select a network. Also if I switch off and switch back on again it automatically picks up a new network. It just wont automatically pick up a new netwrok if just left switched on.

Thanks

Milzee

View more options