Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

messaging+

revy32
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a question about the messaging+ app that was installed with the latest update on nokia 635 with cortana.

Can i send picture messages when connected to wifi for free?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi yes you can, as far as I know you can send for free over your network too as it uses your data so messages and pictures are part of your data allowance. Its the same sort of thing as WhatsApp.

hi,

thanks for the reply.

i thought you could but ii looks like i have been charged by vodafone for sending a few picture messages while connected to wifi

luckily i've only sent a few but these costs start to add up if you're not careful

just reading the blurb,

"Vodafone Message+ is a new messaging service that lets you send and receive messages, photos, videos and sounds with other Vodafone Message+ users from one place."

does this mean if the other person hasn't got message+ then i get charged for the picture message?

63johnw
Sorry, I have just done a bit more reading and it says you will be charged normal rates or come out of your allowance for text and MMS, if the person you are contacting has message+ then that comes from your data. Sorry for the confusion.

63johnw

63johnw
Yes that's my understanding.

how do i know who has message+?

so what advantage does message+ give me?

i still get charged for sending picture messages if the other person hasn't got it!

there was me thinking what a great app for sending picture messages for free :smileysad:

63johnw
Good question, there are lots of messaging apps out there and I think this is just Vodafone's version. Its up to individuals to decide if its for them or not.

I just tend to use standard messaging apps, google hangouts or WhatsApp, these cover my needs.