Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.4GHz not working

volcane_uk
2: Seeker

Hello, Our vodafone router will not connect to any devices on the 2.4Ghz setting, (5Ghz works fine).

I have split the SSID's and tried just about every trick in the book to connect the printer, wifes mobile and a games console to the 2.4Ghz frequency and none of them will connect. 

I have factory reset the router several times, added MAC addresses, tried static ip's plus other options and nothing works.

Do I have a faulty router?

Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

Hi I have exactly the same problems as you guys been going on for months now. 2.4 signal is non existent 5ghz works great but that means anything that needs 2.4ghz doesn’t work.

just keep going around in circles with tech support.

I will be moving elsewhere when my contract ends and also move my 2 mobile phone contracts.

The router is not fit for purpose as far as I’m concerned

Hello -

I appreciate lots of people have tried to add helpful responses to this thread, but its nothing to do with channels, config, range.....one day the router works, the next day its dead on that band. 

I left Vodafone as a result; I don't know why Vodafone were so resistant to just replacing the router, which was at fault. The stupid thing is they immediately sent me a letter with an offer for switching back, which involves sending me a new router.

Thanks Voduh
Think leaving is the only option left as support don’t care at all. Hope your all sorted now I’m looking at buying a router myself as the voda one does not work, I asked for a replacement but get told there is nothing wrong with it. Oh yes there definitely is and I think this thread proves it.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Stevedilz As it's just the 2.4 Ghz that is giving you problems have you considered just turning it off and using a wired WiFi access point such as:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenda-A9-Extender-External-indicator/dp/B06XSSPKPR

I know you really shouldn't have to, but sometimes with Vodafone it's just better to resign yourself to solving your own problems as support from them is pretty much non-existent.

Edit: Sorry that one doesn't have an ethernet port, this one does:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duetc-Extender-300Mbps-Black-Repeater-Protection/dp/B07XD3SZPW/

Of course getting a replacement router would be the best bet.

Good luck with tech support they were useless when I rang with the same problem.

still not resolved

Mark_Norville
1: Seeker

Hi,

Hopefully I can help you solve your problem, with a very easy solution. 

I am a new customer to Vodafone and only just found out by accident this afternoon that it is running on the 5ghz network and not 2.4 or split.

However, my solution is simply to turn off the 5ghz feed and have it only as a 2.4ghz network, if you can of course. Do not try to split the frequencies.

You just do not need 5ghz and need 2.4ghz much more. Your smart home devices if you have any will not work on 5, but everything will work on 2.4.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Regards

Mark

PR40

Hi, i'm having the exact same issue. Countless hours wasted trying to fix myself and spent on the phone to tech team and they won't send an engineer. Same problems with the new router sent. Did you get this sorted? Update I fixed it by going into the expert settings and changing 5G bandwidth to 20mhz and 2.4G to 20/40mhz