Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

30 day cancellation notice

damiankerr
1: Seeker

I'm out of my broadband/landline contract and want to cancel now due to a house move. Vodafone tell me I need to give 30 days notice and the line will stay active until the 30 days has passed which is a couple of weeks after I've moved.

I can't find any answers on this forum and there's nothing in the priceguides and T&C's which I've read online as to where this 30 day policy is stated. I know I'd have to give 30 days if staying with Vodafone to give them time to set up and activate at the new address, but Vodafone's fibre at the new address would be a maximum of 10Mb

I've called customer services again who couldn't tell me where this 30 day notice is listed, but they promised to send me a link to where it is on the website.  Nothing has arrived by email or text, however it seems they've sent an sms to my landline number as my landline has gone barmy with BT messaging service which. When I listen to the message it's just empty.

Does anybody know where the T&C's are that list/describe the 30 day cancellation notice period when out of contract for Broadband/Landline?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, so there is information here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account/home-moves

You'll also find the 30 day notice period in the T&Cs such as these: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/index.htm for broadband often in section 7c

You can find the links to the T&Cs at the bottom of this page!

many thanks Keith,

it took me a while to find it and I had spent a long time searching previously, I suppose it's easy once you know where. I knew I could cancel at any time, but what I hadn't appreciated was that I still had to give 30 days notice. Obviously I knew I would be moving, but different completion dates were being bounced around and finally settled on one 10 days hence. It doesn't seem right that the line will be active for a couple of weeks after I've moved out and I'll be liable for any calls/costs. For those interested the clause is in section 32 subsection C and it's poorly written as it states I can cancel at any time, but need to give 30 days notice. Basically it means I have to cancel 30 days in advance so not at any time, but 30 days before I want the service cancelled. All the other services, gas, electricity, water, tv licence, council tax etc. accept that I'm no longer liable after I've moved out.

For those searching, this is the relevant single line sub-section C:

HOME BROADBAND AND PHONE - YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US

32 LEAVING US / SUSPENDING THE SERVICES

1. Cancelling, returns and faulty equipment.

c If you're outside of the first 14 days following your service activation date and your minimum period has elapsed, you can cancel at any time but you'll still need to give us 30 days' notice.