Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3rd party router on Gigafast in Milton Keynes

ctmkuk
4: Newbie

Hi. I have a fast, working gigafast connection using the supplied VF router. However, it is missing some functionality that I require for home users, eg DNS settings via DHCP server, plus a load of stuff I can't do for work, such as vlans.

I have tried to configure my old Draytek 2950n which has a wan side connection via ethernet. Plugged it into CPE, entered the PPOE username and password. But getting 'no response from server'. Have tried vlan 101 and 2000 but same result. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

3rd line have come through with some additional and essential info! Need to be on vlan 911 to get a connection.

View solution in original position

134 REPLIES 134

Just a follow up question - whats the format of the PPPoE username you folks have.

I've just been given something like ThisIsMyUsername123 and a password reset via email......

I've noticed that username and password is now what i can use to login to the My Account bit on the website. Does that mean its possible that (Akshay - i think it was I was talking to) has given me the wrong username / password or rather miss understood which username password I was trying to get...

I am not sure about Gigafast specifically. Usually the username  is the format:

dsl000544163 at broadband.vodafone.co.uk  where ' at ' is an @ sign

and the password is 8 characters long.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for the advice here.

I've just set up a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 on my MK Gigafast using the instructions here  under the title

To configure your VLAN settings for Internet access:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059623/How-do-I-configure-my-Nighthawk-router-to-support-Deutsche-Telekom-...

it works like a charm and the wifi is 3x more powerful than the Vodafone version

so did you set the VLAN to 7 like the netgear forum says or 911 which is what the voda forum is saying?

I've got a netgear R700P gathering dust that i would prefer to be using!

Would anyone be able to confirm fully all the details for gigafast on 3rd party i.e...

user format 

psssword format

VLAN

any extra config

just so we have 1 post with everything instead of scrolling through all the posts getting snippets of info!

Sorry, maybe that wasn't clear.

I set the VLAN to 911.

I have it working on Vlan 911 but for the life of me I can't get the Calix CPE to negotiate 1Gig Ethernet link w. the DrayTek! Ethernet cable is sound/tested, it hooks up at 100Mb on auto-negotiate, if I force DrayTek port to 1Gb it doesn't connect at all. Calix docs say it's port is 10/100/1000M. Has anyone come across this problem?

Sorry, I'm only on 500MB.  

I'm on the 500Mb package too but can't get over 90Mb due to Calix CPE Ethernet port linking at just 100M instead of 1Gb which is what it's supposed to do.

Was sorted after call to Vodafone support. I didn't have to do anything on my side, not sure what they did on their side.