Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Alexa Speaker thing

FiremanMatt
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Anyone having trouble trying to connect the speaker part to work properly?

I was recently brainwashed by the guy in the store to get home broadband. The deal in the widow and on the posters stated I got a 4K fire stick and an echo dot thing 500mps for £38 a month but come signing turned out all out of stock but new offer available - surprise!

Got this pro thing that includes a booster/speaker thing but can I make it work? Can I eck.  You're supposed to shout 'Alexa' and ask it whatever but all I get is 3 red lights which means it's not connected.

Downloaded the Alexa app and gone through the instructions but no avail. 

Vodafone keep fobbing me off and say phone Amazon as Alexa is their thing even though it's got the Vodafone logo on it. 

Anyone else had an issue with these things?

Ta

13 REPLIES 13

Did it ever work, I am following the instructions in the booster tile and just keep getting

"Something Unexpected has happened" 

every single time!!!!!

I gave up on it in the end. It's just an ornament for the house now. Vodafone were useless help, kept getting told to contact Amazon and Amazon said they can't remember partnering with Vodafone on a product!  I even doubted if I ever bought it and questioned my own sanity.

Good luck if you can get it to work

Matt

ChickenPiriPiri
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I had this problem after my electricity was turned off. After restarting the Alexa booster it would just light up red when I said "Alexa"

Managed to fix it by uninstalling the Vodafone Broadband app from my phone and re-installing it

Follow all the set up procedures it takes you through, including signing in to your Amazon account. It is now working perfectly

ROSSI325

I had exactly the same problem; Firstly you have to download the Vodafone app and sign in. You should then be able to see any WiFi boosters you have and your Alexa Super WiFi device. It won't be highlighted as the registration or sign in has not been completed, hence the 3 red lights. If you tap on the icon it should allow you to complete registration and link it with your Amazon account. It will redirect you to the Amazon site to complete and accept T&C's etc. Hopefully this will rectify your issues. Its also necessary (as far as i know) to have the Alexa app installed as well. 👍