Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Price rise spring 2023

willmow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If I sign up to V for full fibre broadband now (2-year contract), will I be hit with the 13.9% price rise in April? Major disincentive if so...

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The price rise will be 14.4% (10.5+3.9%)

However it looks likely it won't be imposed on anyone joining after 24th February, but it hasn't been officially acknowledged on here.

See this MSE post:

Broadband and mobile users to be hit with price hikes of up to 17.3% in April – here's what you need...

Jayach_0-1677611875181.png

Cynric

However this page https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/pro-ii?icmp=explore-our-deals-vodafone-pro-broadband_learn-more just says, "Monthly price will increase each April by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year, plus an additional 3.9%."

Jayach

But @Mark has confirmed here that it won't apply to mobile after 24th of February. Perhaps someone on the mods team could tell us if it applies to broadband as well.

Cynric

But we're discussing broadband, or I've totally missed the point and need a strong cup of tea 😁

Jayach

Sorry @Cynric , hope you feel better after your cup of tea.

Does this make it any clearer:

Re: Mid-contract price increases on brand-new cont... - Page 2 - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Cynric

@Jayach Ha-ha yes. Now I'd like to see the same on the website as well. 

Jayach

Me too, why do they have to be so secretive.