cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I appreciate this must be frustrating that you're not getting the same performance as your previous provider @alanpater

You can find some helpful tips for improving speed here. 

If you'd like us to investigate this further for you, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch with us directly. 

nope not what ive found out today via online chat that they have capped my line or openreach cowboys have done it  as they might of requested since they changed my line to another one which is absolute pathetic .

I'm sorry to disagree, Talk Talk is not very good, at least as far as I'm cocerned, therefore, I'm researching other BB providers to switch when my contract with TT expires on 29 September 2019.  So far, Vodafone is looking good, besides I already have an account for my daughter's mobile.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone from Vodafone can really shed more light on their router for Superfast 1 & 2?

@SwaroopGurkha wrote:

I'd be interested to hear if anyone from Vodafone can really shed more light on their router for Superfast 1 & 2?

I wouldn't judge an ISP based on their router. It would be like judging a phone based on the supplied headphones! Having said that, I have also come from TalkTalk and found the Vodafone router generally superior to TalkTalk's HG633, e.g. gigabit ethernet ports. The TT router caused high battery drain on my mobile but the VF router doesn't. The only thing lacking on the VF router is the ability to set static routes. If you don't need that feature, then it is perfectly serviceable. In terms of connection stability, I am on Superfast 1 and so far I have lost a total of 2 minutes of uptime in 70 days and no disconnection in the last 20 days - good enough for me. This is with a cheap secondhand HG612 and an Asus RT-AC66U router though.

mp3bbb

Very happy with my 76mbps, of course I don't get that, more like 55mbps. Just days from the end of my 18 month contract so will probably continue with Vodafone

Very!  I am over the moon.  We were getting worse and worse speeds with Plusnet.  In a rural area a long way from the cabinet.  Apparently the absolute max we could get was 12mbs.  Yes 12.  It has usually averaged at 7 or 8 but had got down to 1 and lots of drop offs. Lots of excuses and no answers despite an engineer coming out.  So decided to switch to someone else as it couldn’t get much worse.

Vodafone was going to be £10 a month cheaper so thought I’d give it a try.  It’s great!  We started out with a steady 9mbps - better than its ever been.  Today we have 20!  I am not quite sure how that is possible!  But I am really impressed.

I like the app.  Router is ok but has buggy software.  Wouldn’t let me change the password.  I already  have a super duper Asus router so will switch to that.  Advice was to use the Vodafone router for easy initial set up and then switch to your own router later if you have your own router.

But I am really happy with it.  Much better speeds and paying less.  Long may  it continue.  We have all our mobiles on Vodafone and never had any issues so thought it was worth a try.  I actually like their customer service too - chat is easy to connect and people are friendly and polite.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Stella77 wrote:

I actually like their customer service too - chat is easy to connect and people are friendly and polite.

Are you sure you are on Vodafone? The people are always friendly and polite, but completely useless.

Well I haven’t tried customer service for broadband yet but always found them efficient for mobiles.

My experience switching was very good.  All done by phone, quite quickly - got answers to things I wanted to know.  It’s partly what helped me decide to go with them.  Good communication by letter and email and all went to plan on the day.  Can’t complain at all.

Jayach

You may be in for a shock then. 

Ah ok.  So I take it from that CS is a different service for broadband.