cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

hmm - like i said your connection is only as good as your open reach engineer?

Tim1889

Hi,

Support and the router they gave me are both rubbish but probably no worse than anyone else's.

I fixed the router's inability to sustain multiple wireless connections with a £20 Xiaomi attached to the Ethernet port.

I've posted a few times in this thread to say I was very happy with the VF service during the 2 years I was with them. I recently switched to Virgin because of the price/speed value. Sadly, VF slightly disappointed me right at the end with some billing incompetence, so I have a top tip for anyone cancelling. You will be told not to cancel your Direct Debit until after your final bill. Ignore that. Cancel your DD immediately, and then pay the final balance later. This is because, despite confirming your cancellation date by email, they will continue your service and full monthly payments, as if nothing happened, until you spend hours on the phone trying to re-cancel and reclaim your overpayments.

Strange you say that I had exactly the same experience, if you're leaving cancel the DD straight away, otherwise you're back to waiting for an advisor, then I had to point out to that they had sent an email & letter confirming cessation, then they told me I hadn't given 30 days notice so I asked where that was printed (it wasn't on 'we're glad you've joined us' or the 'sorry you're leaving' email, or the letter saying 'oh dear will you stay', it only took me 1 phone call but it was 45mins wasted out of my day, btw I didn't pay the 30 day notice period but you might want to check that if you are thinking of leaving

can you please share link where you buy this from 

thanks

Hi agigabit,

If you are after the Xiaomi Wi-Fi router, then eBay.

Don't bother chasing after their newer router as it still isn't very good. I think Draytek or Ubiquiti is probably the way to go but it is a lot more expensive.

Hi I change the adsl filter and connection is slightly better but drop out is still there

i am sure the best and the only fix is to swap the router with an unlocked one which I will do and update if any issue 

Vodafone support 2nd line sucks , they have bunch of employees with their heads in the sand just recording and processing complaints on daily basis , this drop out issue is common and so many users are affected from it ....!!!!! 

updtae: the problem remained the same, more dropouts 

it seems the router is the main reason which i believe i will end up changing 

STEWARTIE
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Definitely not, worst broadband i ever had would not recommend. Speeds shocking and non existent in the evenings. 

They sank to a new low today. Earlier this week they agreed to issue me with one of the new routers with functional wi-fi. Today they collected my old router and left a box. Inside the box was a router just like my old one except it didn't come with a working power supply.

I tried calling but gave up after an hour and 40 minutes as I had got through on the chat. They then informed me that the working router is only for new customers proceeded to try and sell me a two year contract extension. What they didn't do was anything useful with respect to my lack of broadband. Thankfully I was able to source a replacement power supply. It is almost as if they don't want to be in the home broadband business and are trying to drive away their customers.