cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

Yep exactly, the old bait and switch. After one of my multiple complaints about various things I had some senior support person agree to give me a 12 month contract at a certain price. Two months later my payments suddenly increased and they refused to honour the previously agreed contract. Of course, I'd also made the stupid mistake of getting a year's line rental which prevented me from leaving early without being out of pocket.

That's also how they got me with the BT Sport, it was originally free, then they sneakily started charging for it. Bunch of crooks.

About five weeks with vodafone now after switching from EE.  One of those weeks was spent holidaying away from home and using our host's wifi.

The week away was perfect... not a single WiFi dropout on our phones or iPads.  The four weeks at home though.  Absolute rubbish to the extent that my finger is now hovering over the change supplier button.  

Two or more hours spent with first line customer service which resulted in nothing more than separating SSIDs, changing the DNS to Google and selecting a specific channel for the 2.4GHz band.  Oh, I was told my guaranteed sync speed was being achieved.   No fix for the problem though...

Level two support then phoned me to tell me that my guaranteed sync speed was being achieved which is super but the problem is about wifi.  It has never been about sync speed.

i don't have the time, patience or inclination to give up my time to find a fix for something that should be supplied working, and based on what I read, will never be fixed... I pay for a service that should work and which I reasonably expect to work.  It was never advertised as £XX.xx per month for substandard service.

My network is totally unchanged from when it was working perfectly hanging out of EE's Brightbox 2 router.  The FTTC and copper wires to my house are the same too so the only thing different is the name on the bill and the... Modem/router.  It doesn't really need Sherlock Holmes to work out where the problem most likely sits.  

I really dont don't see Vodaphone as my ongoing provider based on four weeks of infuriating wifi dropouts that they appear to have their collective heads in the sand over.  It's not as if this issue has never been mentioned before...  I have not read of a single instance of VF fixing the poor / defective wifi issue.  Only instances where people have bought their own router to replace the supplied item...  ah, here's my brand new car, it doesn't always start so I'll just buy a new engine.

Ashayer
1: Seeker

Under no circumstance should you join this atrocious service.

This is by far the most unreliable broadband service I have had to date. The connection constantly drops out everyday, perhaps more than 10 times. 

The customer service is bad as their connectivity, an their technical support is non-existent. The connection is dreadful and the speed will fluctuate as and when it wants to.

Save yourself the aggravation and go with another provider. I've already have taken the matter to Ofcom and when I was advised to report it to the complaint department before taking it to the ombudsman, the guy in Vodafone said "Getting discounted 24 time in a day is normal!' Now I am awaiting for 28 days to take the matter to ombudsman.

In short, Vodafone broadband is an utter waste of time and money.

I've been using superfast 2 for over a month now and i'm very happy with the router too. I separated the wifi into 2.4G and 5G and keep most of my devices on the 5GHz network, with a printer and internet radio on the 2.4G. 5GHz performance is excellent and the beamforming really makes a difference. I have full signal almost throughout the flat with 433mbps wifi speed to the router. Sync speed to the vodafone network is 79.9mbps download and 20.0 upload, with real life speeds on connected devices of 75mbps at all times and positions in the flat. 

2.4GHz wifi is a lot slower, 20-30mbps. But this is normal due to wifi interference and limited bandwidth available on this band (max 72mbps link speed)

BobH
4: Newbie

Not sure if you're including the Gigafast service.  I had Gigafast 500 installed a week ago and am very happy with it so far. 

Installation guys were helpful and very polite.  They installed the terminal box and router just by the bedroom window - not ideal placement  - but it was a simple job for me to move the router to the other side of the room which made it fairly central to the (average sized 3-bed) property and it now gives good coverage in all rooms.

Speeds are 520M on CAT7 cable connected directly to the router, 12-20M on 2.4Ghz and 16-40M on 5Ghz depending on locations and kit.

No detectable drop-outs

Now able to stream HD video, and dowload game updates in seconds instead of hours (or days).

A vast improvement over my TalkTalk landline IP which only gave me 3M (!) at the best of times.

So yes - very happy!

It's been my experience that comments on any forums are mostly from those who experience problems and hardly anyone will post anything to say how pleased they are.   

Tim1889

The speed is good but the WiFi is rubbish with regular dropouts. Hanging a spare old router off the main one helps but it still is far from reliable.

@Tim1889 - Took a while for my VF router to settle but after a few weeks it did seriously reduce the error counts & almost stopped dropping out, never did feel happy with the wifi (loads of breeze blocks in my place) so just turned it off, connected 2 spare routers in Bridge mode via ethernet & I got reliability with perhaps 1 dropout in 2 weeks, of course only you can decide if you should persevere or cut your losses.

KXL
4: Newbie

Been only with them for just under a week. And I'm a happy customer (Superfast 2). It was a funny start though, as I used to be on Hypertopic (so these do not utilise phone lines), so when I received my VF router, I was told to get it ready for the engineer visit between 8am and 1pm. At 9am, I plugged it in, nothing happened, ok, so I unplugged it. At 12:30 I was getting impatient, so I plugged it in again, and tada, it connected! Btw, it's the very large router that is like the size of an A5 paper, it's the largest router I've ever had! Strangely though, perhaps the fact that it connected, made the engineer realised he or she was not needed, so actually nobody showed up. Anyway, I pretty much set it up myself, did a speed test on 2.4Ghz N, only did about 35-40mbps...but was told prior that speeds would vary in the first few days, not a problem. Switched it to the 5Ghz AC band, and speeds were about the 60Mbps range, not bad...uploads were always around the 20MBps speeds.

Thought that was the end of that, but 2 days later, BT Openreach engineer called me, saying he's coming today to connect my Fibre, really? I've already connected myself. Anyway engineer said he would still need to pop by (to the cabinet) and my internet may drop for 15-20 mins, which it did...but after the visit, the speeds went up another 10MBPS to around the 70MBPS mark. So all in all, very happy. Router is not bad either (well it's better be for the size!). Though compared to Hyperoptic which is fibre to the premises, and Vodafone is (I believe) Fibre to the cabinet, VF Superfast is slower to react, but coming from 30MBPS speeds previously, it's definately faster when downloading large files, and 20MBPS upload is a godsend, used to have only 1MBPS upload! All in all, a strange but good experience (everything works from the get go).

That's the problem with cable providers, huge download speeds but the upload is crap, and they tend not to advertise that!

I am very happy with the service I have received from Vodafone so far.

The speeds are exactly the same as I received via Plusnet.

I was updated from Vodafone from the start of the ordering process to going live.

Absolutely, no complaints here.