Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BB Upgrade Offers

tiffy
4: Newbie

Have just received a BB upgrade offer, currently on 200/28 nominal (DL/UL) package with digital phone @ £30 per month, being offered the "500 Mbps" BB package for additional £2 pm or "910 Mbps" BB package for additional £5 pm, both obviously on a 24 month contract.
I appreciate that I would start a new 24 month contract, in my case would be of little significance as only with VF since end of March, just over a month.

However, I'am finding the upgrade packages spec's confusing:
The "500 Mbps" package states "Estimated DL speed 250Mbps DL speed guarantee" & "Up to 500Mbps UL speed" ?
The same applies to the "910 Mbps" package, just upscaled.
I know that DL guaranteed speed is always quoted as much lower than full DL synch speed but why is UL speed listed @ 500/910 Mbps, surely this is the wrong way around or am I missing something ?
Have checked VF's other BB packages listing on their web site and they are what I would consider to be normal with respect to DL/UL speed estimates per package.

Although by existing BB speeds are sufficient to my current needs, at £2/£5 respectively extra per month, not a lot by present day standards, I'am tempted to take up one or other of the offer if I can clarify the package speeds.

20 REPLIES 20

My daughter has just received another BB speed upgrade offer, time limited to  31st May, 500 or 910 Mbps FTTP from her existing Full Fibre 100 service.
She has not taken up either offer, would likely never happen anyway.

Meanwhile, I'am still waiting for a definitive response as to why my 910 Mbps BB upgrade can not be fulfilled, same area as my daughter, nothing heard.

It would appear that the VF sales/upgrade department don't talk to the VF engineering delivery/department 🤔