Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Brand new customer - Android app says "router not supported"

AustinS
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to use the Vf Broadband app on my Android device.  It says it has found a Vodafone WiFi network, but then says the router is not supported.  It's a Vf router though, installed today, one of the big grey rectangular ones.  I wonder if the app can't cope with my having changed its IP address and the WiFi SSID, both of which you can do through the web UI on the router itself.  Other suggestions welcome.

4 REPLIES 4

Cynric
16: Advanced member

It's worth setting it back to default and trying again. The last time (several months ago) I ever got the App to even attach to the router it had to be 192.168.1.1. 

Jayach

The app works O.K. on my THG3000, and I don't have it on 192.168.1.1. Do still use the default SSID though.

Edit. I cant see any benefits of using the app over the web interface.

Sorry - the problem fixed itself right after I posted the below (typical, eh?), but for some reason my attempt to edit the post to tell you all it had resolved itself didn't go through.  Thanks to all who replied, though.

I am facing the same problem! Can you help me to solve it? CamScanner is the application that I am using, it also reports "unsupported router" error.