main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband App “you’re out of contract”

sporeman001
3: Seeker

App keeps saying I’m out of contract (I’m not) when I run the synch speed test.  Have reported to customer service who says it’s a known problem due to be fixed. That was 4 weeks ago.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app over the course of last 2 weeks but problem still persist. What’s going on? And does anyone else have this same issue?

View more options
17 REPLIES 17
pkontou
2: Seeker

yes, exactly the same problem for a while now and not been able to get an answer. 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @sporeman001 bit of silly question, but are you still in contract at the moment? I'd recommend dropping us a message over Social Media here so that we can take a closer look at this for you 👌

View more options
sporeman001

Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, renewed in April for another 24 months. So, it seems that the app didn’t pick that up. Will drop a message over Social Media as suggested.

View more options
sporeman001

2 weeks after contacting you via social media (Twitter) as recommended and despite helpful assurances, problem is still persisting.  What more can I do to get this issue fixed?

View more options
MarkD

Thanks for the update @sporeman001. What was the outcome when you spoke to our Twitter team?  If you're still having the issue, please feel free to drop us a DM on Social Media so we can continue to check this out. 

View more options
sporeman001
The Twitter team understood the problem, were sympathetic and assured me that the problem will be fixed. After more than 2 weeks (5 weeks when you include time I first raised the problem via live chat) there’s no result i.e. the problem still persists. Disappointed and flabbergasted as this is clearly not a complex issue.
View more options
sporeman001

The Twitter team understood the problem, were sympathetic and assured me that the problem will be fixed. After more than 2 weeks (5 weeks when you include time I first raised the problem via live chat) there’s no result i.e. the problem still persists. Disappointed and flabbergasted as this is clearly not a complex issue.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing difficulties here @sporeman001. Are you still able to access your online account as normal? I'd recommend returning to our Social Media team here, they will be able to escalate this further for you.

View more options
sporeman001

Are you still able to access your online account as normal?  - Yes, this hasn’t been an issue

I'd recommend returning to our Social Media team here, they will be able to escalate this further for you. - Have done, on Mon 13/07 via Twitter. Same assurance... we’ll look into it and update. Asked for status update today. No response.

Can you not escalate this at your end? I’d be grateful.

View more options
Mark

If we've not updated you through our Social Channels @sporeman001, reply to our last message and one of the team will chase this up for you.

View more options
TheDoc74
4: Newbie

I am also having this issue (see the separate thread) and wondered if there's been a solution for it?

View more options
sporeman001

Solved. It turned out that when I renewed my contract with Vodafone the info wasn’t updated in BT Openreach system. Hence, the ‘you’re out of contract’ error each time I tried to run synch speed in the app. This one ‘very clued-up’ service agent on Twitter figured that out, did a manual reset from her end. Then had to wait 48hrs before app works as intended and shows synch speed when requested.

View more options
TheDoc74

Wow! Thanks mate, that’s super helpful. So I need to contact Vodafone customer service again? They list a Home Broadband Support number, but of course it doesn’t take you anywhere. Finding it impossible to actually speak to anyone. 

View more options
sporeman001

Try Twitter and if poss. speak to, Amanda. Good luck mate.

View more options
Farai

If you're hoping to discuss anything account specific @TheDoc74, our social media team would be happy to help. You can speak to us  here.

View more options
TheDoc74

Thank you Farai - it seems to have resolved itself for now! I will be getting in touch after the 10-day period if my new contract doesn’t restore the minimum guaranteed speed, but fingers crossed that will happen. The link you have added appears to be broken though? Can you please provide a valid one?

View more options
Farai

I may have accidentally left a space in the link the first time. Please give it another go and let us know if you have any more issues accessing it 😊

View more options