Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband app won't pair with router

Debbie_Blo
2: Seeker

I joined Vodafone on Friday and the app won't pair with my new router.  I've tried the app on 2 different iPhones and neither of them have VPN turned on.  On one of the phones I initially tried to pair using the QR code but that failed.  I then got taken to a 'try again' page that said I may not have pressed the correct button.

I deleted the app and reinstalled and the phone tried to pair via WPS but that failed too.

I called tech support and was told there is an issue with the app that is being worked on.  Is this true? when will it be fixed? Is there anything I can do in until the app is updated? 

8 REPLIES 8

Broker-Man
4: Newbie

I went "live" today (11/09/2019) and have exactly the same problem.

If there is problem it would be nice if somebody responded to save having to call "Tech Support".

I initially had the same problem from an Android phone. But disabling mobile data on the phone worked for me - it can be re-enabled again once you get past the pairing stage.

Thanks for that.

I turned "mobile data" off,  deleted app, rebooted the router , reloaded app and followed instructions and all working now. 

Because I'm new to vodaforn BB, I'm told not to turn the router off for the first 30 days, so I'm stuck

I am pretty sure Vodafone state not to reboot the router for the first 6-8 hours when first connecting so as to see the stability of your line.

After 12 hours, and trying absolutely everything, this post has sorted everything out! I am now connected. Thank you so much!

I bet you were very annoyed being ignored. I'm having the same problem. One minute it works, then goes off. Wish it was easier than this. 

ianatrix

Hi, it's 2021. September. I'm still having problems. Annoying.