Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant get Gigafast packs

giorgosa
4: Newbie

Hello,

I got an email from CityFibre, stating that infrastrusture is completed in my area and to ask Vodafone for Gigafast plans. (postcode is CB1 9YG)

Following their link, and I only get 45Mbps from Vodafone. I contacted them and they checked telling that Fibre is up and running and should be able to get up to 900Mbps, and to ask Vodafone. 

A chat with Vodafone was hopeless, and again been offered Fiber speeds of 45Mbps from someone who had no clue what I speak about.

Any help? It seems that Vodafone doesnt need a new broadband customer.... 

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@giorgosa - I can understand your frustration with the different information you're being given. With checking the availability on our website and that you've also spoke to an agent who would have ran some additional checks, it does sound like that's the maximum we can offer for you at the moment. Please keep a look our on our website for if this changes. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@giorgosa 

Using your postcode, both TalkTalk and Shell Energy appear to be offering FTTP there.

@Gemma - not a great response I am afraid.

CityFibre made a big mess in our street and they are adamant that Fiber is available. 

The issue is with your website that doesn't know yet that infrastructure is there and Gigafast can be offered. 

I am not a broadband customer and you don't really care to make me one, it speaks volumes how you would behave if I was already a broadband customer and I would need help from you. Shambles, once again....