Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Card details via a form sent by agent on LiveChat

LauraEl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I was in an hour long LiveChat session trying to renew my broadband account (a painful and needlessly complex process) as I couldn't get through on the phone.

During the chat, the advisor sent me a link to a form to fill out my card details. I queried this, as I'm an existing user so they would have all my details already, but they insisted that it was needed to proceed, for a £0 card verification.

After this, they said the ID check failed. I asked if this was because I have two addresses on the account, billing and account, and perhaps it didn't check the card against the right billing address. The advisor said they couldn't tell me why the ID check failed, and there the hour long ordeal ended, without resolution.

I just wanted to check on here, if anyone else had been asked to provide card details via that form when renewing (the url started with 'https://vodafone.speik.com/'), and if it is all legitimate and secure? I noticed on the Vodafone website they say 'We’ll never: Ask you to send your payment card details to us by email or Live Chat' - I am assuming they mean, they won't ask you to type these details literally into the LiveChat box? But that the form I submitted was okay?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated! 

Many thanks!

Laura

5 REPLIES 5

Cynric
16: Advanced member

"speik" looks to be legit https://www.speik.com/phone-payments

However I had the social media lot ask a load of intrusive questions so I complained to the ICO who, in turn, told me not to answer them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inform your bank immediately - sounds very much like a scam that has previously taken place at one of Vodafone's remote call centres!

gipjon

Does not sound correct. Some thing is off 

Thanks so much, that's really helpful :Smiling: 

I've had a much smoother process today with Vodafone, contract renewal all sorted now finally!

gipjon

Thats good to hear . Dont hear many storys on here that end well