cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast VoIP Settings Own Router... Yes another thread!

SimonHayterUK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, I'm using my own expensive Ubiquiti equipment (Router, Switch and Various WIFI Access Points), got it all setup PPPOE using the provided by Vodafone but then it struck me?! what about the phone and it looks like there is many threads for Vodafone to hand over the VoIP details but little success. 

Currently I've resorted into using the VF Router and Bridged it into my Ubiquiti equipment on a different subnet which is less than ideal because technically speaking, I'm still using the VF router, with just more settings.

Has anyone had any luck in recent weeks/months? any stance change by VF on matter? if we were to disable dchp wouldn't the lan or wan port pickup the connection when plugging the VF into a 3rd party router? allowing the VOIP a connection?

20 REPLIES 20

FFSL
3: Seeker

Currently looking for same solution.   Want to upgrade my wifi to a UDM Pro at the front end and then add the various mesh access points and the CCTV to the Unify network.  Am on Gigafast 900 service, but am really not convinced I'll eb able to get the VOIP element of my Vodafone package working.  

Anyone found solutions to this yet?   I read about the bridge option, but also saw this introduced double NAT issues?

Do Vodafone now give out the required VOIP info so you can set up a third party router?

.....and I just noticed this on the support page:

@VodafoneSUpport wrote:

Please note: If you choose to use your own router to access our Gigafast services, you’ll be unable to use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) products.

sipxstream

Did you ever find a solution to your VOIP issue? I'm in the same boat, unfortunately...

Still not found any simple solution that I can deploy at my level of network knowledge.   

And I've not plucked up the courage to try to unbundle my VOIP from my internet connection and transfer my VOIP to SIP or another provider after reading about the horrors some had when trying (tried to split the internet and VOIP package to transfer their number to another provider, Vodafone say you have to cancel the whole contract then re-apply for internet and await installation etc).   That bit really put me off.

Hi,

I just signed up to this and realized i will have the same issue, i will be looking to use my own equipment but VOIP wont work.

Anyone found any solution to this please?

Is it not possible that i use 3rd party router for main connection and connect my Vodafone router back with third party router just for the VOIP?

Sorry as far as I know it still can't be done. This is because the WAN on the Vodafone Router is PPPoE only and therefore expects a full handshake with Vodafone at which point once the handshake is complete, it connects to their VoIP server.

It would be possible for customers to purchase their own VoIP and just enter the SIP details provided by Vodafone but they refuse to hand this information out, in fact, every team I've spoken to say when they login to their system the login details are MASKED. I managed to get to a person that could unmask it but refused to do so as they are under strict guidelines not to. 

Ok thanks.

This seems like a hassle moving to vodafone, will cancel for now and stick with proper ISP providers.

Just a thought and wonder someone from Vodafone can confirm this please? 

is it possible to get 2 different username/accounts  assigned where I use my own router for the internet access but use Vodafone router just for VOIP access?