cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast activation once the CItyfibre cables are put in place?

armstrongmans
2: Seeker

Hello there,

I am trying to figure what is the average waiting time from once the Cityfibre have done the fibre laying work in your area and connection done to your home, to Vodafone Gigafast showing up as live when you do a postcode search and being able to place an order. I have seen that they have updated in roadworks.org website the work in my area will be commencing in Mar'21 so it is still a waiting game but would be interested to know when it has gone live on average for folks.

I live in Aberdeen city area so appreciate anyone sharing their experiences. Cheers!

8 REPLIES 8

SillyOldHector
3: Seeker

Hi 

Same here - fibre ducts in and boxes nearby.  How long to wait or how to get activated ?

Called Cityfibre and then Vodafone (multiple departments).  No success so far.

any tips welcome.

Just because you have ducts or overhead fibre down your street doesn't mean its connected to a live circuit further down the road. So you need to just wait. Test the postcode check daily, and when its available it will tell you. Also don't be alarmed if you get a different message as I received 'we're building fibre in your area, coming soon' when using their checker, then, one day I tried again, and it said we have no plans at this time in your area but the day later, it said it was available. 

I have the same question - seems very unprofessional that Vodafone don't publish any kind of indicative roadmap or timescale for these kind of things

JTGaming

When my street was done in Huddersfield (HD59TY) it was around about three weeks later after all work was done we all got a leaflet though doors saying we can now join Vodafone with a offer on! 

Shawky

I'm wondering the same thing here in Derby. The rollout started last year and our area is currently being done.

They came and put purple ducting in the existing underground chambers about a month ago, and as we have our phone line delivered to the house from underground, I'm hoping that the paths won't need digging up.

We are sub 30Mb with FTTC and no Virgin, so this is a major step forward for everyone on our estate.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure once everything's in place and we're able to offer a Gigafast service in your area, we'll let you know @Shawky. You can also keep an eye on the speeds in your area though our online availability checker

Thanks Mark,

I'm all over it like a rash. I'm not checking everyday honest :Smiling:

Cheers

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@Shawky There is a Chrome extension called "Easy Auto Refresh" that will save you clicking F5 all the time 😁