cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I get my SIP credentials from Vodaphone?

chrisparf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I need to register my VF Digital voice landline to a SIP app on my mobile phone so my digital landline rings at same time on my home phone and mobile. VF support gave me some garbage/BS saying this information cannot be given out as it is a “security risk” Is there a procedure I need to follow to get my SIP registration details from VF?

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

There's no phone OS, or app that can be set up to connect to your VoIP. Vodafone have employed some rather obscure settings that prevent it -for security.

If you have a Linux server at home you could possibly run asterisk to get a connection, but you'd need a third-party router.

As for getting your sip details you just have to keep trying and hope you find that diamond agent in the rough 

Hi Ripshod … thanks for the really quick answer, I was afraid this was the case, I will go with plan b and pay a voip provider to supply me with a voip / SIP line transferring my existing landline number from VF, new SIP provider will provide me with the SIP details I need. If the VF rubbish router blocks SIP ports then I guess I will dig out my old ASUS router and figure out how to connect to VF over my FTTP link. Thanks again! I feel VF need to get into the 21st century with respect SIP voip as it could be such a great versatile service for the user. 

Jayach

@chrisparf wrote:
If the VF rubbish router blocks SIP ports then I guess I will dig out my old ASUS router and figure out how to connect to VF over my FTTP link. 

The Vodafone router will not stop you using another VoIP supplier, however transferring your number may cancel the Vodafone broadband.

Not sure if that will still happen as you are on full fibre, but it would if you were on FTTC.

Thanks I will check the number transfer with VF 👍