Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do we claim a refund from Vodafone ref to WIFI

gipjon
16: Advanced member

As many of you know, Vodafone decided to block users from changing WIFI channels etc 

my laptop won't see the higher channel and Vodafone wifi always seems to run on the higher channel I had to go out and buy a USB WIFI adapter to use on the laptop 

Can a moderator or admin of Vodafone Please tell us users of Vodafone, what do we need to do in order to claim the cost back as its not the customer's fault 

8 REPLIES 8

alwaysreading
4: Newbie

This is so true and I think Vodafone should credit all users a discount until this is sorted as its unfair and wrong of Vodafone to block access to WI-FI setting 

Steph

@gipjon Thanks for dropping us a message. I'm genuinely very sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your broadband service. The ability to change your Wi-Fi channels and alter your broadband frequencies has been removed as our routers are set up to automatically choose the best settings for you. In the event that you are having trouble with a particular channel or some of your devices are unable to connect to your Wi-Fi, we have a dedicated Wi-Fi support team who can assist in getting these settings changed from this side. 

Is it only your laptop that you're struggling to connect? Are you on Superfast, Gigafast or one of the new Broadband Pro packages? 

gipjon

yeah it's just the laptop because it does not use the higher channel and it superfast, so how do user talk to wifi support

@gipjon Amazing, thanks for getting back to me with that. If you give the team a call on 08080 034 515 and explain to them the issue you're having, they'll be able to look into this for you and help get your laptop connected. 

Please let us know how you get on.

gipjon

Well the answer is sorry cant help from vodafone in ref to your router using channel 12 and your laptop wont work with the vodafone router

So how do user claim a free usb wifi adapter from vodafone or a refund if you have had to go out and buy one .

And i dont see why i had to go chasing vodafone when you work for them steph are you not able to talk to your own technical department . And this is why i am saying admin TJ needs replacing and staff need training at lease TJ now knows one reason because she is probably wondering why i am saying vodafone needs a new forum manager and customer satisfaction is at a all time low (welcome to vodafone forum support sorry you got a issue but can you sort it yourselves have a nice day ) 

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

Well the answer is sorry cant help from vodafone in ref to your router using channel 12 and your laptop wont work with the vodafone router

Two points:

1. Apparently they can override the automatic firmware settings from their end, if the person you are talking to knows how and can be bothered.
  2. I doubt there is any Laptop sold in the U.K that can't use channels 12/13. If yours can't it's probably a configuration or driver issue.

Hi

clint_flick_0-1619947170678.png

Automatic selection maybe, the optimum NO.

Currently my Channel 1 is yet again my worst channel, but the VF app sticks to it like a limpet.

Channel 6 and/or 11 would be a better choice, and I would personally select 11 or higher.

gipjon

so how do user claim a refund or a discount for broken wifi as we can't change the channel or is Vodafone still working on a no-comment policy