cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to downgrade Vodafone Broadband in contract?

jtp10000
2: Seeker

I finally had to give up on Vodafone 'Pro' Wifi and buy a proper mesh network. This has been absolutely flawless and shows me quite how bad the Vodafone kit is..

I just couldn't take the wifi not working consistently anymore. The endless disconnections, hopeless app and wasting hours talking to the 'wifi experts'.  I have spent literally hours on the phone to try and sort it out and I will not do it any more as it is clearly the kit that is rubbish. 

My question is, I am now stuck paying for "Pro Full Fibre 200 Xtra" which I am not using. The Pro wifi doesn't work and the broadband dongle backup has never worked (probably reception but who know I get told something different every time I call). So, how do I downgrade my service that I cannot use? I am 100% not prepared to jump through any more hoops to the call centre- i.e. be told that the 'Wifi Experts' will help get it sorted. They won't because they can't. I cannot be expected to waste any more time with them.

I should not have to pay £20 a month extra for what I cannot use.

4 REPLIES 4

Lucy_F

Hi @jtp10000 Thank you for raising these concerns with us. This isn't the experience we want for any of our customers, sorry you've experienced such trouble. We understand why you'd be left feeling this way. In order to arrange an appropriate resolution we'd need to investigate the issues faced. As the Social Media Team we're not trained to handle technical broadband queries. These are to be handled by our dedicated Broadband Teams. The teams are contactable on 03333040191 or Live Chat. 

If you're unable to reach a satisfactory resolution with our Broadband Teams, we'd advise to raise this as a complaint. Our Complaints Team can be contacted on 0808 0057 448, or this can also be raised via the form found here. 

jtp10000

Why would I contact them? They are incompetent. I am not prepared to spend another hour jumping through the same hoops.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@jtp10000 wrote:
Why would I contact them? They are incompetent. I am not prepared to spend another hour jumping through the same hoops.
@Lucy_F wrote:
If you're unable to reach a satisfactory resolution with our Broadband Teams, we'd advise to raise this as a complaint. Our Complaints Team can be contacted on 0808 0057 448, or this can also be raised via the form found here. 

Have you tried the complaints team yet?

CrimsonLiar

When you want a resolution of such an issue you have to go through all the hoops to give the provider the opportunity to "fix" the issue.  If they can't, only at that point could you consider it "missold" or not fit for purpose.