Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I would like a line reset please > Faulty Modem/DLM Issue

nadeemsarwar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I used a 3rd part modem that was not fit for purpose, which has caused issues with DLM and we now need a line reset. 

After countless DSL disconnections, our SNR has been raised by DLM and I am guessing I am now on a banded profile.

We have now reverted to the standard Vodafone/modem router and due to the DLM banding, the speed has deteriorated hugely

The line has been confirmed as clean by Openreach engineers so for very grateful for a line reset to allow the DLM to be recalibrated and this to be fixed.

Many thanks Vodafone for the help here. 

5 REPLIES 5

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

You'd have to contact support either over the phone or by using online chat and try to persuade them.  It's odd though that if OpenReach have confirmed that there is no problem with the line, they've not already done a DLM reset.

As it stands cabinets tend to resync connection much more regularly now than they used to, so if it's not a massive speed hit, then it'll probably sort itself over the period of just a couple of weeks.

Jayach

Openreach will have to do the DLM reset, so how is it they have confirmed there is no problem with the line?

We live in the Highland's. The local opernreach engineer was kind enough to pop around and take a look at the line in return for a cup of tea. 

In return he told us we would need to speak to Vodafone for a reset. I figured the forums were a better shout than support. 

But maybe not from comments from experts here. 😉

Hey @nadeemsarwar I hope you're well! Unfortunately there is no account access on the Community so you would need to reach out to either the Broadband Technical team on 03333 040 191 or drop a message to the Social Media team here and they can speak to Tech for you. 

Jayach

@nadeemsarwar wrote:

We live in the Highland's. The local opernreach engineer was kind enough to pop around and take a look at the line in return for a cup of tea. 

Oh my goodness, how different it is to down here in the smoke.

From other posts on here getting Vodafone to request a DLM reset is a nightmare, so I'd give it awhile to see if DLM corrects itself now the line is not getting errors. (it should)