Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet or router wrong geo location

SAR32
2: Seeker

Noticed twitter and some websites display India tranding and currency as default in indian ruppes. checked few devices and once connected to wifi they all show same issue, reason why I belive its router fault. Tried reseting router it but it didnt help. GEO IP TOOL shows my location in Mumbi, India. Windows and devices locations are set currectly.

44 REPLIES 44

beastarman

I've got the exact same problem. I think Vodafone UK have introduced a new IP address range which is being identified as in India.  It is causing a real problem. 

Especially for Geo-restricted services - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Now-TV-EU-roaming-problem/td-p/2631658

Another issue with Vodafone Broadband.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SAR32 Sorry you're having issues with your location, I appreciate how frustrating this must be. Are you currently running a VPN? 

Hi, I did If OPERA browser VPN counts. Surprised every device at home in effected. Anyway to reset it? Annoying to see India trending news everyday. Thank you.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems with your routing @SAR32. One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat

I am having the same issue- my IP address appears to be in Mumbai ? 

I first noticed it after getting a notification from Apple saying I had logged on a device in Mumbai .

Then all my Twitter notifications were Indian themed - not a real issue as I can just use a VPN to appear to be in the UK however when I tried to purchase a hotel room after buying air tickets , my card was refused -

(I suspect as  they thought it was being used in India !).

Maybe that's why my speed is a pilfly 8.8mb or less if it's being rerouted via Mumbai???

( Do I just need to put up with that ? ) 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pattie74 That's very strange :Hmm_Face: I've not seen this myself before. We'd love to get this fixed for you! So one of our team can take a closer look into this and correct the IP address for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

I've reset my router and not chsbged, please Gould you post s solution tester than asking individuals to register for support somewhere else 

I'm also having this problem, unable to use some geo restricted services. I've tried using microsoft's project xCloud which says unavailable in my location, and I've noiced for some time that my twitter adverts are predominantly Indian

Same here. I've been seeing Indian Twitter trends for a while...I can live with that...but now online shops (e.g. Next.co.uk, this morning) are asking me if I want to stay on their UK site or shop via their Indian website. 

Very frustrating.

Has anyone got a solution? Thanks.