Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Migration Only Full Fibre 100

Taffman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've recently been upgraded to Full Fibre (FTTP) following the invite from Vodafone/Openreach. Based on the information on this link....

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband/Joining-upgrading-Home-Broadband-/1916788792/Why-is-my-broa...

...it is my understanding that the contract end date shouldn't change, so that I'd be able to upgrade to a faster package either with Vodafone or elsewhere. I was given to understand that my contract ends date wouldn't change, however looking in my account today, it is showing an end date of 2 years from now! The package is showing as "Migration Only Full Fibre 100", and it is saying online that there are no packages available for me to upgrade to.

Further I have received an email requesting the return of my backup dongle, not sure why as I have. Pro package.

Obviously I don't want to find myself tied down to speeds circa 75Mbps for 2 years when my line is now capable of up to 1Gbps. Have I got something wrong, or has an error been made at Vodafone's end?

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

To align with existing services you've been moved to a 100Mb FTTP service, the closest not_lower speed to the FTTC service you were getting. Effectively they've just moved you from one delivery method to another. Don't expect an upgrade to 1Gb for the price you're paying.

It was your choice to accept this upgrade so it does count as a new contract. You should be able to upgrade (if you want) in about 6 months, but there again new 2yr contract.

I'm not expecting any upgrades. I have the same  bandwidth now as before, this is not my complaint. My issue is that my contract has been extended by 2 years which is something I did not agree to. Also I have been requested to return my backup dongle while still paying for Pro service, why?

Ripshod

You accepted the "invite". You didn't have to do this, your service would have continued over FTTC if you hadn't. Therefore you chose the move to a new service - new service=new contract. "Full Fibre 100" is not a Pro service so you need to take this up with Vodafone. They don't frequent the forums -the best way is to chat with them:

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

I accepted the invite because FTTC is being phased out. If I stayed on it, I would ultimately loose service when the PSTN is switched off on a couple of years time, so had no choice really.

Cynric

@Taffman When FTTC is turned off you will be given advance notice and have time to move.

Ripshod

The PSTN switch-off was scheduled for 2025, but for various reasons has already overrun into 2027/28 (the schedule). During the next few years existing FTTC connections will be maintained until the end of the contract, or switched with no option (in the latter case it's not a new service and there is no "invite"). In the case of the latter you'll be given a choice, switch or early termination (no fee). If you choose to leave you'll then have to go through a fibre install to use any internet/phone service.