Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving home confusion

m_r_lloyd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am really confused about what is happening with my broadband. I will soon be moving home so followed the instructions on the website to contact customer service and move the service to the new address. I was told that this is fine and that I can keep my current contract (which expires in July). All I would need to do is take my router to the new address.

However, I have now received over 10 emails in 24 hours (do we seriously need so many!?) talking about cancelling my existing contract, paying an early termination charge of £16, delivery of a new router, and welcoming me to a new contract that costs a different amount and will last 24 months. 

So is my current broadband service moving as promised or have I been conned into cancelling my existing contract and signing up for a new one? 

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Good question, but not one anyone on the forum can answer.

Did you follow the procedure here: Moving home with broadband | Vodafone

If. for some reason, that doesn't work, raise a complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Thanks Jayach. I finally got through to someone on the phone and they explained it much more clearly than the person in the online chat. Basically the behind the scenes work involves terminating your existing plan and setting up a new one. Once the new plan is up and running they adjust it to match your old contract including the original end date. 

For some reason they haven't thought to adjust the automated emails to make this clear so you get told a lot of misleading information but nothing about the actual experience for people moving house. (It is now more than 15 emails that I have received since Saturday when one would have been enough to explain the above!).