Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving home

huntersmummy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am moving tomorrow/Saturday and have been trying for weeks to get hold of Vodafone just for them to say they can’t take the call! I can’t speak to an advisor, I can’t call, so how the hell am I gonna be able to move with my Wifi? I’m going to have to go elsewhere! 

13 REPLIES 13

Effie

Hey @huntersmummy It's disappointing to hear that you've had trouble getting through to the Home Moves team. Unfortunately all home move requests do need to be placed with the dedicated Home Moves team who can only be reached via 191 or 03333 040 191. As they do require a 30 days notice I can only advise you to keep trying their line as they are available from 8am to 8pm every day.

I’ve been calling that number for days and days and it’s “sorry we can’t take your call” and it cuts off, I am so disappointed with this because I will be going 30 days without Wi-Fi because people don’t want to answer 

I appreciate that you have been trying to get through @huntersmummy and I am sorry that you haven't yet managed to speak to a member of the team. It isn't that no-one wants to answer your call, all of our channels are just extremely busy at the moment and due to COVID and all of our agents now working from home, there are fewer agents available. This means there are longer than usual wait times. Please keep trying at various times through the day and as soon as an agent is available, your call will be answered.

I understand things are busy and it’s a difficult time but I am literally moving in 2 days and I have a 3 year old, our tv only works with Wi-Fi and I will not be able to cope for 30 days without internet and tv for my little one, it’ll drive me up the wall! 

I am sorry @huntersmummy I know it's a stressful time. All I can advise is to keep trying. We know there are issues getting through to the team and this will be taken into consideration with the 30 days notice.

If there is already a line to the property or there is engineer availability, the team will do everything they can to get you activated as soon as possible. If you have any Vodafone mobiles or tablets then they can add you unlimited data on whilst you wait which you can use to hotspot to your devices. 

Thank you I don’t it’s just broadband I have with Vodafone right now 

@huntersmummy wrote:

I understand things are busy and it’s a difficult time but I am literally moving in 2 days and I have a 3 year old, our tv only works with Wi-Fi and I will not be able to cope for 30 days without internet and tv for my little one, it’ll drive me up the wall! 

As the normal level of administrative ineptitude is now going to cost you money and unnecessary inconvenience, you may wish to contact the ‘Department of Last Resort For Getting Things Done’… details below:

[Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

@HappyNomad wrote:

@huntersmummy wrote:

As the normal level of administrative ineptitude is now going to cost you money and unnecessary inconvenience, you may wish to contact the ‘Department of Last Resort For Getting Things Done’… details below:

[Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

A link to a Daily Telegraph article headed:

“Vodafone: how to contact customer services to make a complaint”

Is inappropriate content?   Really?   

Mind you, this sort of moderator imposed censorship is nothing less than I'd have expected.   I wonder why the Telegraph felt it appropriate to publish the article?

Yeah I thought my phone was messing up as couldn’t see the link