Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving our telephone line access point to change router location in house

marklodsworth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Will Vodafone send an engineer to move the access point for the line into our property?  Where it comes in currently, the router sits in a utility room, and I want to connect a digital phone to it, which needs to be plugged into the router - can't do it in the utility room.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As it's not a new install openreach will charge for it.

A cheaper alternative would be to get another dect handset and charger base and link it to the existing base unit. Tidier too. 

Many thanks, Ripshod. The trouble is that the Ultra Hub has to sit on a narrow shelf, and there is just no room to connect a DECT handset and base station.  Obviously, I'd prefer not to use Openreach here.  I wondered if the other option would be to buy or build an extended CAT6/7 cable to plug into the splitter and try to route it out of the room where the Ultra Hub is. 

That's a great idea. I bought a 2 metre one on fleabay when I was on dsl and I can remember 10 and 15 meter ones being available.

I can't remember the reference but if you're DIYing a lead you can get the twisted pair cable that openreach use for dsl/phone links. 

Thanks very much, again, Ripshod. Season's greetings!