Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving to another ISP

Sgt_Bilko
4: Newbie

I have been with Vodafone for three years, however I am out of contract now and planning on switching to another provider. They were due to debit my account yesterday and I believe the next billing period will end on the 25th of April. If I move before that date is there any kind of refund for unused days and do I have to contact Vodafone following the switch to ensure they stop billing me?

6 REPLIES 6

Sgt_Bilko

A quick follow up, but since I am out of contract do I need to provide any kind of notice before leaving?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sgt_Bilko 

These are Terms and Conditions Terms-and-conditions. 

The Vodafone help page explaining how to move isp and billing is here I-want-to-cancel-my-home-broadband-service. 

In most cases you contact your new isp and they'll look after the switch.

Don't cancel your direct debit until all bills are cleared and you get a sorry your leaving letter.

Customer services via 0333 304191,  Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can officially clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you are out of contract you don't need to tell Vodafone anything. In fact it's probably best not to, or they may take it as a request to leave and disconnect you early.

As long as your new supplier also uses the Openreach network (I'm assuming you are on Superfast) then they will handle everything from arranging the swap to informing Vodafone. This should ensure you have as little downtime  as possible.

Good Luck.

P.S. If you use a comparison site, such as Compare Best Broadband Deals: MoneySavingExpert you may be eligible for some rewards.

Thank you for all your replies. For some reason I wasn't notified despite clicking the option to receive emails. I have now placed an order with another ISP and that should complete in a couple of weeks I guess.

Vodafone has generally been fine for reliability and I was reluctant to move, however I despaired with customer service trying to manage the account of my 80 year old father.

I have power of attorney and registered with Vodafone to make changes on his behalf, but they cannot even get his address right, so we have been unable to even renew his contract. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Sgt_Bilko - If you are having a 'working line takeover' with your new Broadband provider then you won't need to put in a 30-day cancellation notice with us.

Depending on your billing cycle you may have some pro-rata credit refunded back to you after your final bill.

Once you have paid your final bill, there will be no further payments to be made for us, assuming there is no outstanding balance.

Once you're final bill has been produced, if there are any discrepancies please don't hesitate to drop us a message on social media. We will also be able to check that everything is ok with your account once your new provider has taken over the line.

Sgt_Bilko

Today I received the standard "Sorry You Are Leaving" letter, but it makes little sense.

The migration is set for the 25th of April and the letter states that I must inform them by the 23rd if I wish to cancel, which is all fairly logical. 

It goes on to say  "Just to confirm we'll cancel your broadband and phone service at the following address on 09/04/2021". In other words a week ago...

Sadly this is typical of Vodafone and I don't know where they have plucked this date from or what it means in practice.