cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New customer, order cancelled via text message.

Cowdellc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently come to the end of my BT fibre contract and have ordered Fibre 2, but relieved the below text message:

"Hello. We're sorry there's been a problem with your broadband and phone order. As per open reach, your order has been cancelled due to there are no spare data ports on the requested ONT at the end customer premises. Sorry for the inconvenience, please check with us later."

The "check with us later" part makes me think that the order hasn't been cancelled, but having tried to speak to someone, I am unsure where I stand.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Chris.

3 REPLIES 3

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Given that the ONT is the box on the wall in your home, and that that box can only provide one connection I'd assume that someone along the process is seeing your BT service and assuming (wrongly) that they can't provide the service you're ordering.

Unbelievable or not these things are happening.

Did you order online? My suggestion is to phone the number on the TV ads and order making it clear that vodafone will be taking over an existing service. 

Effie

Hi @Cowdellc I hope you are well. I'm sorry your order has been cancelled, I know how frustrating this must be. The 'Please check with us later' is more of a 'try again at a later date' message as the text is advising that the order was cancelled due to the lack of space and availability for a Vodafone line at your home. We can double check this for you if you drop a message to the Social Media team here or if you give the Broadband team a call on 03333 040 191.

CrimsonLiar

So far as I'm aware, the process for moving between FTTP providers is not yet so simple as it is for moving between ADSL/VDSL providers.  You personally may need to cancel your BT service, and once you have your cancellation date re-attempt your change of provider!

*One warning, every time you place an order with Vodafone they perform a hard credit check, which can be detrimental to your credit history!