Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia ONT - eero 6 mesh

Postmanpat666
1: Seeker

Just had a Nokia ONT installed by moving to the full fibre 2 package (75mbps). I have just also purchased the eero 6 router, I was hoping to directly use the eero 6 with the ONT modem, can anyone confirm if this is a suitable setup? And if no, why!! 

eero app installation process fails to connect to internet when paired with the new eero device. Unless there is a specific vlan tag for the Nokia ONT (already attempted 101 and 10 from other posts in hope it would work)

I was under the impression the eero 6 supports FTTP. Therefore I could ditch our vodaphone router and directly connect to the ONT.

Is this supported ? I don’t want a double NAT and I also don’t want to bridge the Eero just to get this to work that’s not a mesh network! 

Thanks for any help or advise. 

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

If there is a VLAN tag it's probably 911, but it may also be worth trying with "0"!

It's also always worth checking that vodafone have given you the correct service username and password.  The username should be in the format dsl1234567890 @Broadband.vodafone.co.uk (without the space in the middle).  If you do have issues and have to speak to tech support get them to send you the un/pass and then copy and paste.

As for the Eero Pro mesh, what it lacks in speed it makes up by being pretty near idiot proof!

Jayach

You haven't said if you are on Openreach or CityFibre. If Openreach the VLAN will be 101 or not required, if CityFibre, as @CrimsonLiar says, it will be 911 or possibly not used.

I don't think anyone else has ever stated the make of the ONT.

You do realise you will lose the telephone service if you use your own router. (may change in the future)

Thanks for the info.

101 / leaving blank not working, it is on Openreach.

I will Test the account/password supplied by Vodaphone tomorrow.

No need to mess with VLAN settings if on Openreach. All you need to enter is your PPoE username and password.

Just make sure that you have entered your username and password correctly. In the past people have encountered issues due to miss identifying a O (Oooo) with a 0 (zero) and vice versa.