cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not getting the speed in my bedroom or the other rooms just in the main room on full fibre

laptopman
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Can someone please help me please

Not getting the speed in my bedroom or the other rooms just in the main room

I am on full fibre 500 I get 350 to 480 in main room whereabouts the router is

But in the other rooms like my bedroom and kitchen I am only getting in my bedroom it's 50mb in the kitchen it's just 20mb if I am lucky I don't know how Wen I am on full fibre it's the router I know it is I have tried some bits already still no good 

If I get a my own router what do I  get for under £100 thanks as i don't want to go on the pro 2 the new router does not connect some of my laptops I have tried it 

Or there something else I can do thanks 

Thanks for your help 

4 REPLIES 4

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@laptopman Can you give a bit more information please?

Is the 50mb and 20mb over ethernet cable, poweline or WiFi?

If you are using WiFi is it over 2.4GHz or 5GHz bandwidth?

How far in a straight line is it from the router to these rooms?

How many walls and/or floors in a straight line would the signal have to pass (your building could be made of materials that reduce the signal)?

Are these low speeds on all devices or just one?

Have you got a WiFi analyser you could use, e.g. this one on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer which is used by a number of people in this forum.

Soultions you may like to consider, but wait until the people on here at least try the simple solutions first, would be things like; simple WiFi repeater/booster, WiFi mesh, or powerline (that's ethernet over the mains wires).

gipjon

How did you get on @laptopman 

Hey I have now got and set up is a tp-link AX5400 with 6 antennas in the main room getting 380 to 440 Mbps but in my bedroom is 100 to 120 and kitchen is now 50 to 70

Still not very good going to look into mesh Wi-Fi see how that is going to work do u know anything I can try thanks

Cynric

I'm concerned that you are purchasing kit before the situation has been investigated. The figures with the new router reflect that a signal with a bigger punch and/or shape can get through the building structure. It could be that moving the router would see an equally sized improvement without the expense.