cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Order passed onto Pair Divert Engineer...

fylde2022
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I live in a village and, currently, there's no fibre-optic, so I've been accessing broadband through the phone line.

However, Vodafone have accepted me for fibre broadband, as a street box has, recently, been installed nearby, since the building of new houses

My order has been passed onto the Line Plans Work team for pair divert work.

I have a telegraph pole, directly in front of my garden fence.

Will I be responsible for the cost of this work and if so, how much am I to, roughly, expect for this sort of work?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

There will be no charge to yourself for the openreach work. From your description you'll be getting fttc (that's where the 'pair' comes in), if the existing line is in good condition. If the existing copper is in poor condition they'll run a new line. Is there a cbt (large black box with teets - Google it) at the top of the pole? If it's there then likely they would run a new fibre across instead and fit an ONT for you - great news for future upgrades but it's likely they'll need to make a second visit. 

20230113_115424.jpg

 Thank you for your response. This is the telegraph pole, directly, in front of my house.

There's, also, another one on my street, 50 yards from this, with a few black boxes on it.

Jayach

It's not clear from your post if you are currently on FTTC( VDSL) or ADSL.

I suspect you are going to get FTTP (Full Fibre) The "Black boxes" on the telegraph pole are probably CBTs (Connectorised Block Terminals), but it's strange if your pole doesn't have one yet. https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/attachments/pxl_20220415_162445663-jpg.2359/

What speeds were you offered when you signed up.

There's a pole around 50 yards from it (there are 2 telegraph poles on my cul-de-sac) Some of the wires from that telegraph lead to my property, even though I have a closer telegraph pole outside my fence.

The telegraph that's around 50 yards away, has the CBT and another black another black box attached.

Currently, I'm on ADSL, but Vodafone are hooking it up the street box.