Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Over 5 hours spent on phone trying to renew contract without success

mr-b
4: Newbie

Hi

Are there serious issues with Vodafone's account database currently?

My contract ended on 23rd Aug and I've been trying to get a  new contract setup since then, and have spent at least 5h on the phone but no one can set it up, without there being errors.

I knew there might be trouble ahead when someone at CS said they'd never seen an account like mine before - apparently 12 accounts! I got a marketing email beforehand to renew my broadband contract but after the first one was acknowledged but nothing happened I called and then have since entered a vicious loop of CS cancelling my order, me waiting 24h, and then trying again, only for the same thing happening. Along the way I received a digital voice tel adapter and kepe getting "your service wil active on xxx" even though the order was supposedly cancelled. Then I discovered by chance that some of the order cancellations had resulted in two broadband disconnections and I was going to lose access and my landline number completely! I'm hoping these disonnections  have been cancelled now but I'm seriously considering moving to another provider for an easier experience.
I logged a "non FCA complaint 1" (1-UYKPAKCR) but TBH each time I call up I have to spend ages waiting for various depts etc. to be consulted and I just can't deal with more time spent hanging on.

Any advice welcome!

5 REPLIES 5

Effie

Hey @mr-b I hope you're doing well. I can absolutely appreciate how frustrating this must be. It sounds like you have a complex service-hierarchy account which means there are multiple sub accounts, within your main one. Think of it as small boxes within a larger one. This can happen when you have multiple types of services on an account such as Pay Monthly contracts and Pay as You Go (PAYG), it can also happen when services need to be billed through different details, if you have multiple contacts on the account who pay their own plans, when there has been disconnections and reconnections and multiple other reasons. If you drop the Social Media Team a message here, they can take a look at the hierarchy and see if they are able to merge any of the sub accounts to help alleviate the issues you are experiencing. 

Unfortunately they still can't do anything. Every time I have to start from scratch jumping through all the security hoops and transferring from person to person to person and there seems to be no way to contact directly the complaints team or  the prev CS person who almost sorted it out.

"I do not have the authority" is the constant msg. 😞

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

If you can't do it through the fv app you can try the sales team on 0808 040 8408 I've had great success with them.

Ripshod

or try the upgrade route - you may be pleasantly surprised

I've been through so many depts it's unreal, all of whom had to go through security.

After 4h chat I've just managed to get Voda to put a renewal/upgrade order through successfully.

Then I went to the Voda complaints/customer care dept who are  a joke - they constantly wanted me to give them time "while they went through the chat" before then not being aware of prev issues raised nor being able to fix them!
They didn't honour the original renewal price nor explain why a line disconnection notice (that I never requested) had been put through at 02:30 i.e. when offices are closed. That will all go to the exec team.
Shame on me for giving them so much of my time (4h chat today and 5h recently on phone).