Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacing THG3000 with Vodafone Pro Broadband II Ultra Hub

smallal
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Several people seem to be selling used Vodafone Pro Broadband II Ultra Hubs on eBay. If I buy one to replace my THG3000 will it work 'out of the box' on my Fibre 500 setup or will It need some settings changed?

8 REPLIES 8

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

I don't think anyone on these boards has tried yet, but I wouldn't spend more than you can afford to lose on this!  So, the wording in the contracts has changed, so these routers are not service subscribers' property to sell.  And even if you do get it working, if you need certain settings changed you'll have to talk to customer services!

davjomah
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I replaced myTHG3000 with a second hand Ultra Hub and everything set up and worked fine; except the phone number in the Ultra Hub comes up as the one that the original equipment was registered to.

I cannot find any way to change the settings for the voip in the hub menu and I don’t know if it’s possible to alter this to my current number as I think it’s something Vodafone would have to do.

Other than that the wifi works a treat and the coverage using the booster it came with worked really well.

Everything came up on the app and worked ok; just got the wrong phone number attached to it?

If  your looking to upgrade your router and are not using their phone service it works a treat!

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to change the phone number I’d really like to know as the THG3000 is nowhere near as good for coverage in my house?

Jayach

@davjomah wrote:

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to change the phone number I’d really like to know as the THG3000 is nowhere near as good for coverage in my house?

I would think only Vodafone could do that, as the router is obviously being provisioned (if that the right word for getting it's configuration) as per the original subscriber.

Whether they would be willing to do that considering how you came by the router, I can't say.

You will just have to ask them, do let us know how you get on.

Ripshod

If a reset doesn't sort it then you're stuck. You've technically bought stolen equipment so vodafone won't be any help. 

Hi, I have just tried this myself and cannot get it working. I have the PPP login details but cannot find where to put this in. Thanks

Jayach

@ButterRichTea wrote:

Hi, I have just tried this myself and cannot get it working. I have the PPP login details but cannot find where to put this in. Thank

You can't put your PPPoE details in as it is locked down, like all Vodafone routers.

I believe it should however just work, but with the original subscribers details.

If it's not working it's probably either faulty or Vodafone have blocked it.

Are you trying to use it on FTTC or FTTP?

Ahh ok. I've done a factory reset but no luck.

It's FTTP 

Jayach

I've not had the opportunity to get hold of an Ultra hub so don't know too much about them, but if it's like the THG3000, make sure it is connected to the ONT when powering it up or it may switch to the DSL for it's connection.

If it still doesn't work I think it's most likely that Vodafone are blocking it.