Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router hasn't arrived

pjh122
2: Seeker

Hi 

My broadband started In October. My router never arrived. I contacted live chat and was given an apology 'don't worry, I have now arranged manual dispatch and your router will arrive in 2-3 days'. I was told I would be sent a DPD tracking number. 
Well, a few days passed, my broadband was activated and the router still hadn't been received. So I contacted live chat again. 'Sorry for the inconvenience,' I was told. 'My manager will now arrange manual dispatch'. OK, I said.
Over the past nearly three months I have contacted Vodafone perhaps 15-20 more times trying to get a router. 
Every time I'm given an apology and told that it has 'now' been arranged and will arrive in 2-3 days.
I'm sorry, but this is utterly ridiculous. I genuinely think I was lied to on several of those occasions and no router was arranged. My experience with Vodafone has become a running joke with my friends at this point. On no occasion have I received a tracking number or any communications whatsoever that it's been ordered or dispatched.

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Have you been without broadband all this time, or are you using your own router?

Your situation sounds terrible. They should be able to arrange a router easily enough, when mine was suspected of being faulty they sent one out and I got it the next day.

I can only suggest raising an official complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Jls2704

Hi - I am facing the same problem, not for as long as you have been waiting but over the past two weeks I have kept contacting to ask for a router to be manually dispatched and each time they say they will but there is no record the next day of them having this conversation. Have you finally received yours yet or are you still waiting? 

Jayach

@Jls2704 

Is this the original router for your contract, or are you trying to get a replacement?

If you are still awaiting your original router, I can only suggest raising a complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK