cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching to Vodafone Broadband. Do I, dont I?

TechnicalMarvel
4: Newbie

So ive been looking around trying to decide whether or not to move from Sky to Vodafone. Its obviously a fair bit cheaper.  Currently paying Sky £24 a month, but my offer is ending which is going to put it up to £33 and they wont budge.  Vodafone Fibre 2 is only £22 but I'm very hesitant after moving to TalkTalk a few years back.  It was terrible.  My speed dropped like a rock.  I was barely getting 5mbps despite paying for the fastest plan despite 5 different openreach engineers, they couldnt sort it, so I went back to Sky, and from the very second Sky went live again, it shot back up to decent speeds.  The other reason is i'm sitting here seeing all the issues you are all having and thinking to myself, is it worth the hassle.

Thoughts?

Thanks

TM

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Have you thought about NOW Broadband? Still Sky and £24 per month and inclusive calls. 

It's probably where I will go once my contract is up.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic, please see Community Guidelines]

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I assume you've looked at the various Home Broadband checkers to see what's expected on your area to get a handle on things.

Yes we see people that come here to raise awareness of the issues they've faced.

What you don't see is people who are very happy with their service but don't sign up to the forum to say so.

And you do have a 14 day cooling off period.

There are several members here who are available to help troubleshoot any possible issues along with customer services.

I can't tell you to pull the trigger as it's a personal preference.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:
Yes we see people that come here to raise awareness of the issues they've faced.

What you don't see is people who are very happy with their service but don't sign up to the forum to say so.

Why would people do that exactly?  Is getting the service as described, as expected and that you are actually paying for something unusual and thus worthy of joining a forum to comment?    

Conversely, getting a substandard service is worthy of comment, especially if the supplier of that substandard service falls short in its ability to remedy the issue/s causing the service to fall short of a customer’s reasonable expectations.  
Most contributors to this broadband forum are probably only here because they couldn’t get their issues resolved through substandard support channels.

gipjon

I have a little story I can tell you which might help. 

I was with Vodafone out of contract.  I moved to sky broadband for 30 days (sky 31 days cooling-off policy).on day 30 I then moved back to Vodafone for 13 days (Vodafone 14 days cooling-off policy). on day 13 I moved to now tv ( now tv 31 days cooling-off policy) I was planning on moving to SSE broadband (60 days cooling-off policy).  but I moved back to Vodafone. 

There was a very good reason for how and why this happen above. but that's a different story about being capped and how to remove the cap when you get told you can't (yes you can lol) 

The moral of this story is, you can swap and change as many times as you like as long as you are in your cooling-off policy. The switch teams do all the work. 

The Internet gets switch in the middle of the night so as long as you put your new router on at bedtime you can wake up with the new internet. 

what bought you back to Voda then??  There must be a reason

I had a capped phone line 36.99mb and vodafone would not do anything about it .apart from keep giving me money. So i took them to ofcom ADR . So when i moved to sky for 31 days . I reordered vodafone broadband on a secondary line without the cap which is free with vodafone so now im on 70mb with vodafone . I also complained to sky and sky gave me 1 year free broadband just like that .so now i have 2 phone lines