Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unifi Dream machine on gigafast

Lemoncurd666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I have swapped out my router for a unifi Dream machine.

I set the vlan (101) and username and password given by Vodafone,

But it just won't connect it's says no internet connection. 

Any help appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you  on Openreach or Cityfibre? I believe the VLAN for Cityfibre may be 911

Cityfibre... Vodafone told me vlan 101 !?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are on FTTP and have an ONT it's 911, if you have a (G)PON then it'll either be 911 or not even required!

Tried it all . Nothing works, then when i plug the Vodafone router back in it says 

"Your line is disconnected, click here to reconnect" or similar...im sick of it now.. support ate useless I wish I stayed with BT!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What plan are you on - because this sounds like superfast 1 or 2, and so would not (normally) be CityFibre.  If it's superfast you would be plugging into the phone socket and would need a modem on which you would set the VLAN (ie not on the router).

It is FTTP gigafast 

Jayach

As @KeithAlger says, if the Vodafone router is reporting "Your line is disconnected, click here to reconnect" or similar it is looking to the DSL connection for it's input, which presumably means it can't see anything on the Ethernet WAN connector. Did it work work O.K. previously before trying the Unifi?

It is 100% fibre and the ONT was reporting a fault apparently causing the message on the fibre router!

It's now fixed, they also had given me the wrong username and vlan is 911 not 101 as previously told .... Useless support.... Thanks for your responses though