Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP Request problems

Sard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been using a  Ubiquity Dream Machine as a replacement for the  VF supplied router for several months without any issues. A couple of months ago I requested a static ip and was told that I would receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. After a few days I hadn’t heard anything so chased up via chat. I was told that there had been a problem with activation but they were unable to provide further detail. A couple of weeks later and having heard nothing I chased again. This time the support person started again with request and said I would get confirmation within 24 hours. Again no email and leaving it a further 3 weeks I decided to chase again. Same conversation, another request put through but with no information on why the 2 previous requests had failed. At this point I am a little frustrated with the whole process. I understand that the 1st line support staff have little knowledge but they don’t seem to access to their 2nd level team other than  an escalation into a black hole. They don’t seem to get any real feedback.

Anyway I was wondering if the issue is down to me not using the VF supplied router and if anyone else had had the same issue.

20 REPLIES 20

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I don't think it is because you are not using the Vodafone router. Have you checked if your IP is changing when you reconnect the modem/router, just in case they have set it up and just didn't tell you?

If it is still dynamic then try requesting it via live chat, they seem more technical. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Thanks Jayach

i know it is still dynamic as My boiler keeps tripping the main house circuit breaker which of course powers down the router and invariably leads to a new IP address upon re-connection.

all my conversations have been via the web chat portal.

Jayach

If you are not getting anywhere with the standard support, I can only suggest raising a complaint. At least they should be able to tell you what the problem is. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

Thanks again

just tried again an am awaiting the elusive email. I will raise a complaint if no joy.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Sard - thanks for your post and for letting us know what's been happening. 

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get the support you needed when you got in touch with us - so we can look into this further to see what's going on, please pop my team a message via social media

Don't forget to include a link to your post here, so you won't need to explain yourself again 👍 

Thanks very much for the response however I dont have accounts with either Facebook or Twitter

As expected and despite the enthusiastic optimism showed by the VF support person 24 hours has now passed with no sign of an email and the continuation of a dynamic IP tested twice this morning. I have had 4 separate attempts at this now and on each occasion found myself having the exact same conversation and explaining the same issue. Why can't they just read the notes and understand that this is a problem? Feels like groundhog day.

I now officially give up and have signed up for 2 more years with a DDNS provider.

I like Vodafone products and have spent a fair amount of money with them over the years on both broadband and mobile phones but Support is still a huge issue. I understand that from time to time there will be the odd challenging problem and I think most people would accept that. However, it's the way that problem is dealt with and escalated through the support teams that defines a good service provider. Vodafone are still poor in this area which is a shame.

Did you ever get your StaticIP address?

I am currently on round 3 of the "you will get a mail in 24 hours" - although I am a little less patient than you and have only been giving them a day or so before I contact them!

If it has not been resolved by tomorrow, I shall contact the complaints team

Hi @BaldeagleCambs, requesting a Static IP for your broadband service should be pretty straight forward, we're sorry to hear that you've attempted this three times. If you drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook, we would love to check what's happening. You can find the contact details here