Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP Request problems

Sard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been using a  Ubiquity Dream Machine as a replacement for the  VF supplied router for several months without any issues. A couple of months ago I requested a static ip and was told that I would receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. After a few days I hadn’t heard anything so chased up via chat. I was told that there had been a problem with activation but they were unable to provide further detail. A couple of weeks later and having heard nothing I chased again. This time the support person started again with request and said I would get confirmation within 24 hours. Again no email and leaving it a further 3 weeks I decided to chase again. Same conversation, another request put through but with no information on why the 2 previous requests had failed. At this point I am a little frustrated with the whole process. I understand that the 1st line support staff have little knowledge but they don’t seem to access to their 2nd level team other than  an escalation into a black hole. They don’t seem to get any real feedback.

Anyway I was wondering if the issue is down to me not using the VF supplied router and if anyone else had had the same issue.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi,

I am happy to report that I did receive an email at 12:30 am this morning confirming my static IP address.

Third time was the charm :Smiling:

Thanks

I was told that I would have to cancel my existing service and that a new one would be provisioned with a static IP. This could result in up to a two week lag between canceling the old and getting the new. I simply cant take that risk as I work from home I can,’t believe  that this is so complex an issue. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Sard wrote:

I was told that I would have to cancel my existing service and that a new one would be provisioned with a static IP. This could result in up to a two week lag between canceling the old and getting the new. I simply cant take that risk as I work from home I can,’t believe  that this is so complex an issue. 

That is utter garbage, the things Vodafone agents say totally astounds me!

Contact the live chat line, they should set one up immediately. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Although I don't know why @BaldeagleCambs had so much trouble, perhaps they have lots of new people working from home.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there  @Sard  You don't need to cancel and reconnect your service to get this - I'm sorry for the incorrect information you had! 
As @Jayach has mentioned, our live chat team can do this or pop us a message via social media.

Thanks for the response but I have been through the Live Chat 3 -4 times and on each occasion have been greeted by someone who guarantees me that a Static IP would be provisioned on my connection within 24 hours and that I would receive an email confirming the same.. Every time I have this conversation I tell them that I have had the same conversation with their colleagues and that I never received an email and that my IP was still very much dynamic. Each chat takes about 40 minutes and get's nowhere. On the last occasion, I did have a call back from a lady in the UK who promised to speak to the technical team and get it resolved. To be fair she kept me up to date but eventually came back and told me about the process that would need to be followed i.e. the cancellation and re-provision. Now I run a global applications support team for a large UK based company and there is not a single system or process that couldn't be modified or changed subject to adherence to compliance and change controls to accommodate what on the surface appears to be a valid request. Even if Vodafone has to re-provision the service I can think of no reason why this couldn't be achieved within a couple of hours If they could be bothered to pull out the stops.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping the thread updated @Sard - please get in touch with my team (via social media).

We can check what's happening and see what the Technical team are doing with your request. 

Thanks but unfortunately I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Is there another way to get hold of your team?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Facebook and Twitter are the only secure channels we have for you to contact my team @Sard 

Alternatively, you'd need to get back in touch with us over live chat or by calling 08080 034 515. 

Jayach

@Amanda

Could you not add WhatsApp to your social media connections, I would think far more people use that over Twitter/Messenger.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for that feedback @Jayach - I will pass this on for you.