Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade from FTTC to FTTP with landline and own router

pdrage
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm currently on FTTC with Vodafone, using my own router.

I want to take advantage of current deals to upgrade to FTTP, and keep my existing phone number and continue to use my own router.

Unless anyone can tell me otherwise, this seems impossible. These are the reasons why:

1. Vodafone do not release the VOIP credentials to allow me to use another voice connection other than their own router.

2. If I attempt to port out the phone number, either before the upgrade or after, then the associated line will be terminated (FTTC OR FTTP).

3. I could just open a new FTTP account, and close the FTTC account and port out the number, but that would mean paying a termination charge, writing off any savings on the current deals.

Ive been on the phone for a couple of hours this morning to Vodafone and they cant offer any sensible options.

Has anyone found a viable alternative?

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@pdrage wrote:

2. If I attempt to port out the phone number, either before the upgrade or after, then the associated line will be terminated (FTTC OR FTTP).

I don't believe you should have the broadband contact terminated if you take the number to a VoIP provider once the FTTP is up and running. I'm sure people have done that whilst on FTTC without problem.

If it does happen it will probably be due to a [Removed] up by Vodafone, which, unfortunately, is highly possible,

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]