Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded to fttp and no ip

Colemanuk82
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had super fast 2 and upgraded to the new gigafast 100 . An engineer came out and fitted the black optic fibre box to the wall and seemed surprised we didn't receive a new wifi router but got it set up anyway after making a phone call to base

Went to use it a couple of hours after he left and now the box he fitted no longer will give an IP address to anything that's plugged into it. 

After a couple of hours on webchat resetting the wifi hub and router and "line tests" it's still not working.tried all the idiot steps and basic turn it off and on again.

3 days of no internet. I've logged into the router and shows no ip address assigned by the wan in the logs.this also mirrors connecting a PC and laptop directly to box they fitted. 

The box shows all 4 lights lit up green (power broadband service and Ethernet).

The last webchat said all the serial numbers were correct and the line was activated + an engineer would come out but have no time given . any ideas what it could be?

6 REPLIES 6

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Colemanuk82 - I understand how important it is to keep connected, especially now. Just to check, do you have this issue over both wired and wireless connections?

Have you tried connecting your router to the test socket?

In regards to an engineer appointment, we can check this for you if you drop us a message via social media. Since you are with Gigafast, we wouldn't be able to run any tests over social media that would need to be done with the dedicated Gigafast team on 08080 034 515.

[Edit - To remove irrelevant information, apologies]

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Evie wrote:

Hey there @Colemanuk82 - I understand how important it is to keep connected, especially now. Just to check, do you have this issue over both wired and wireless connections?

Have you tried connecting your router to the test socket?

They have upgraded to FTTP, there is no test socket

Edit:

They have also stated the router is not getting an I.P. address, so what would wired or wireless have to do with it.

Going on to the day 4 no internet.

The last web chat I had going through all the same old turn it on turn it off. Apparently they haven't even booked an engineer like it's just been escalated to tier 2 tech! Pretty sure only open reach/ city fibre are the only ones that can fix it! So 4 days wasted

I had a perfectly fine connection and upgraded to nothing. Fantastic when me and the Mrs both work from home. I just see me end up cancelling before the 14 days are up 

So problem is solved. Tier 2 managed to configure something on the exchange and now it works. Cool beans 😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest this sounds as though the new service has a new username/password combo that needs to be provisioned at the Vodafone end.

If you still have the will to live you could try suggesting this to customer support!

gipjon

I dont understand why vodafone employee staff like this.  

That would be like going to the hairdressers to have your hair cut by a openreach engineer instead of a qualified hairdressers.