Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very poor setup instructions with hopeless Broadband App

MJeff
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Three weeks ago I upgraded to Vodafone Pro II broadband with its new Ultrahub and Super WiFi 6E boosters.  It is now working adequately but it has been a frustrating struggle to get there.  Connecting the components was intuitive enough and it was simple to get the hub working.  The problems started with the boosters.  I assumed I could just plug them in and they would work.  They didn't.  I now know that getting them to pair with the hub is simple enough but the process is not intuitive and there were no written instructions for either the hub or the boosters to tell you how.  What you have to do, for those who don't know, is hold down the WPS button on the booster for several seconds and release, then press the WPS button on the hub briefly.  After a few minutes and with much flashing of lights, they should pair.  Simple enough and easy to describe but not written down and not intuitive.  It is also not mentioned in the YouTube videos that you are directed to.  The first video says - first download the Vodafone Broadband App - you will need this later to set up your Ultrahub and Super WiFi boosters, so I did and it was entirely useless.  Somewhere along the line I found a comment that it might take a few days for the App to recognise your account.  What on earth is the use of that when you need it immediately to set your system up?  But it is worse than that - three weeks after my activation date I have still not been able to get into the app because it still cannot find my account.  I resorted to asking TOBi (I hope I've got that right) which is a dispiriting and maddening process, first "chatting" i.e. texting to a computer then a person and eventually if you are persistent actually talking to someone on a poor line to Bangalore or somewhere.  Why can't communications companies communicate?  The people I eventually spoke to were not in the least interested in helping me to get the App up and running but only advised me to type http://192.168.1.1 into my browser - which appears to give access to the hub's settings but which I am almost certain does not tell you how to pair your booster or guide you to the optimal position of your booster - something that the App claims to do.  Finally, to discover how to pair my boosters I had to drive 11 miles to my nearest Vodafone shop where they did not know themselves but seemed to know how to get to someone in the technical department of Vodafone who did know.  What does Vodafone think it has to gain by making life so difficult for its customers!

17 REPLIES 17

Cynric
16: Advanced member

Yes Cynric, if you read my posting carefully you will see that I have looked at these and they do not tell you how to pair the boosters they only tell you to refer to the App which is useless because it will not work!!

Tal

Hi @MJeff  I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the team over the chat, this is not an experience we want our customers to go through. I'm glad the store team have got it resolved for you and the boosters are paired now. If there's anything else you need help with please let us know.

Tal

Thank you Tal.  Yes there is (possibly) something you might be able to help with.  How, after three weeks, can I get the Vodafone Broadband App to recognise my account and let me in?  I have just tried it again for the nth time and it says "Sorry, we are having trouble verifying your account", as it has done each time I have tried.  I used the user name and DPA pin which works for my account.  I am as sure as I can be that these are correct, if I deliberately enter something incorrect it quickly says so.  It does not complain if I enter the correct details - but just cannot verify my account.  I will not know whether the App is of any use to me until I can get into it and see what it has to offer.

You're welcome @MJeff We can certainly help get you logged in to the App. Please message our team via FacebookX (formerly Twitter), or Instagram.

When reaching out to us via these channels we'll request a little information before directing you to a member of our Social Media team.

When messaging our team through any of the above platforms, please include a link to your Community post along with your Community username.

Our team will be able to see your query through the link, meaning you won’t need to repeat your question again. Tal

Hello again Tal,

I spent nearly 3 and three quarter hours this afternoon, off and on, chatting to your advisers in Facebook messaging.  I did what they asked and nothing worked.  I was unable to log into the Vodafone Broadband app though I was able to log into the myVodafone app.  Thus I was unable to log into the app which Vodafone advises as essential to set up the new Super Wi-Fi 6E boosters.  This is on top of similarly long sessions approximately three weeks ago.  I think it is most almost certain that others are having similar trouble with this app.  It is clearly not fit for purpose and Vodafone's software wonks need to take a long hard look at it - and meanwhile give clear alternative instructions to those trying to set up their 6E boosters!

Did you ever find a solution....I have the exact same issue.....have done the uninstall reinstall clear cache etc....ect....can sign in not problem to myVodafone  app but not the broadband app.....just get NO Account found we are having trouble verifying your account message.....

Ripshod

Vodafone are expeiencing various tech problems with various services in various areas. I know, not very helpful, but if you're being affected by this there's no quick fix and they're no closer to a solution than they were 2 weeks ago.

Screenshot_2024-07-22-12-51-58-28_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Hi PawCat,  it has taken quite a time but I have at last been able to log in to the Vodafone Broadband app.  How I got there is becoming a bit hazy.  I eventually found myself communicating with Vodafone via Facebook messaging and they were clearly trying to be helpful, not always successfully.  They eventually opted for a "deep clean".  My understanding of this was that they were going to erase all the usernames I might ever have used from their system and start again.  I only ever recorded one username in my password manager but they seemed to think there were more than one and that might have been the cause of my problems.  I had to wait a few days and then, under instruction from them, re-register.  During this process they said I should try two different usernames which added to my confusion.  I went along with it all and it failed - and I gave up for a while in frustration.  Several days ago I made contact again to try to discover which username I should use - and they gave my two, one of which I had never knowing used before.  I re-registered in myVodafone with this and established a new password, memorable word etc.  I was able to get back in to myVodafone, then tried the same details with the Broadband app ------ and it worked for the first time.

I must say that I have found it to be less than helpful so far - for instance I think that if you were to rely on it to tell you how to pair a booster with your hub, you would be disappointed.  Also it tells me that my boosters (I am using two at the moment) are not connected - whilst I can see, by the lights on them, that they are connected!  My understanding was that you could use the app to decide on the optimal placement of the boosters.  If it does not recognise that they are connected, I cannot see how that is possible!