main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Vodafone Pro broadband can't split 2.4/5ghz

Ses6jwg
2: Seeker

Hello I recently 'upgraded' to pro broadband.

I need to split the 2.4 and 5ghz temporarily to connect a smart socket.

In the router settings it says because I have super WiFi I do this in the app.

There is no option in the app to do this that I can see.

Can anyone help me please

Screenshot_20211129-182848.png

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so why is it that you believe you need to split the SSIDs in order to connect your smart socket?  And what is the smart socket in question?

View more options
Ses6jwg
2: Seeker

It's a bg smart socket.

The instructions say to connect your device to 2.4ghz before connecting to the plug as it uses 2.4 only

I previously split the connection and connected. Now it's disconnected and I can no longer split the ssid into 2.4 and 5 GHz there is no way to force a newer android device to connect to 2.4

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so the solution is to set up your phone or a computer as a "(Portable) Hotspot", on the 2.4GHz band using the same SSID and Password as the router and possibly a second phone.  

Once you've set up the Hotspot, you'll probably need to turn the WiFi on the router off, while you start the setup on the plug, but once set up you can turn off the Hotspot and turn the router WiFi back on.

This should work - keep us updated!

View more options