cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub bug in web GUI: cannot change wifi settings.

_rik_
4: Newbie

Hi,

Just received the router and went live yesterday at around 8pm.

Before going live, I set the the wifi properly. At 8pm the router was automatically reset by Vodafone (every setting lost).

Now I can see the firmware is different.

Firmware-Version: 19.2.0307-3261013

Productname: Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub

A previous bug has disapperead but there is as new but even more annoying: the router doesn't let me change anything in the wifi settings, not even the password despite the router itself pop up a message saying "you should change the password".

I'm going to work around this problem with the mobile app... let's see what happens....

36 REPLIES 36

BONUS BUG

Now I cannot split the 2 frequencies anymore. 😲

The web interface doesn't allow that from the beginning (I did it before going live because the router had an old firmware), but now I cannot split with the android app as well. 😥

It says "Are you sure you want to split?". Yes! But it's still a single SID.

Cynric
16: Advanced member

SURPRISE BUG

I cannot turn off both "Wi-Fi Network" and "Wi-Fi-on/off button" at the GUI because I can only turn off the Wi-Fi using the hardware button and if I touch any Wi-Fi setting on the "General" page it turns the Wi-Fi back on.

I managed to split the 2 frequencies back using Chrome. :Smiling:

Jayach

It really shouldn't matter what browser you use. I always use Firefox out of preference but I had the same problem with switching the WiFi off via the GUI, button worked O.K.

Jayach

@_rik_ wrote:

There is no such option. Probably you have another firmware. Mine is

Firmware version
19.2.0307-3261013-20200812152603-87d129527e2b6c5db641b036118778179b03c3da
Bootloader Version
19.02.1146-0000000-20190110090550-897d2844f012557134a272eb8a8a90f85e9a7a8d
Hardware Type & Version
Vox3.0v

I doubt @Beth has any firmware , I'm sure she is just parroting what she is told.

She has probably never seen a Vodafone router.

I've been here for a few days and that's enough to understand we are alone with our problems.

Talking about problems... the software of the router is a mess to debug.

About the problem of wifi-->general,  when you click on "Apply" the code that runs is this one.

function() {
  // If bandSteer is enabled 5 GHZ will be read only, at this time values of 2.4 GHZ will be sent in post for 5GHZ
  function isASCII(str) {
    return /^[\x00-\x7F]*$/.test(str);
  }

function validateSSID(value) {
    return isASCII(value) && validateStringLength(1, 32)(value) && !(/<|>/g.test(value));
  }
  var elements = {
    main_wifi_ssid_24: "#wifiGen-txt-ssid24",
    main_wifi_ssid_5: "#wifiGen-txt-ssid5",
    guest_wifi_ssid_24: "#guestGen-txt-ssid24"
  }
  var validations = {
    main_wifi_ssid_24: validateSSID,
    main_wifi_ssid_5: validateSSID,
    guest_wifi_ssid_24: validateSSID
  }
  $('#wifiGen-btn-cpwd24').attr('disabled', true);
  $('#wifiGen-btn-cpwd5').attr('disabled', true);
  $('#guestGen-btn-cpwd24').attr('disabled', true);
  if (!validateElements(elements, validations)) {
    $("#errMsg").removeClass("hide");
    return false;
  }
  if ((superWiFi == "passive+") && (splitButton != "")) {
    window.location.reload()
  }
  $("#Overview, #Internet, #WiFi, #Sharing, #Settings, #StatusSupport, #power-saving-mode, #wifi-general, #wps, #mac-filter, #settings, #wifigeneral_form, #wifi-network-button, #wifi-hardware-button, #wifi-split-ssid").prop("disabled", true);
  splitmergeApply();
}

Trying to understand why only in FF pops up the error "Your changes have not been applied", I've tested any single function.

isASCII(str) --> True so no problem

validateSSID(value) --> True so no problem

This piece of code I though was the culprit

if (!validateElements(elements, validations)) {
    $("#errMsg").removeClass("hide");
}

instead this is connected to this message:

"SSID name shouldn't be more than 32 characters and should not contain any special characters."

that is not what we are looking for.

There should be a piece of JS code calling the id "save-err-msg", that is the only html showing such message

<p class="language-string success-info" id="save-err-msg">Your changes have not been updated</p>

but I can't find it anywhere (at least the FF debugger can't find it in any js file). Maybe it's not referenced by id but as a class? If someone has same spare time...

Understanding why such error comes out could allow us to work around the problem.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

https://www.linksys.com/gb/p/P-WRT1900ACS/

😂😂😂SORTED! 😂 😂 😂