main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

WPA2(AES) or WPA3

Highlighted
1: Seeker

Recently my iPhone says that I have ‘Weak Security’ on my Wi-Fi. I’m pretty IT savvy and know my way round routers. I have WPA2 selected but the router does not have any better security available to choose. When I spoke to Vodafone on their chat, they told me WPA2(AES) & WPA3 is already enabled. But clearly it isn’t. My question is (in the chat, the operator kept avoiding the question), do Vodafone provide routers that enable us to use WPA2(AES) or WPA3?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Even the older VOX2.5/HHG2500 has WPA2!  WPA3 will not really come into its own until all your devices can use it and it's available on the majority of routers.

As for why your device is telling you that you have weak security - purely and simply it's an Apple device, they like to scare their customers in order to get them to spend more money!

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

"...purely and simply it's an Apple device, they like to scare their customers in order to get them to spend more money!"

Not an Apple fan, I see.  However you're wrong.  The device is purely stating it can support higher encryption modes over wireless, it's nothing to do with scaring anyone to spend more money.

To the OP: The latest VF router (THG3000) does not support WPA3 with the latest firmware, but it does WPA2.  It may do so in later firmware iterations. 

View more options