cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why won't my tv connect to my broadband even with a cable ?

Wendyadele2020
4: Newbie

why won't my tv connect to broadband even with a cable?

39 REPLIES 39

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

A little bit more info will be needed to make any suggestions.

What make and model of TV? Has it worked with a previous ISP? Are you new to Vodafone? What happens when you try to connect it?

Technical tv, freeview box, on screen saying demand not available please connect with cable

I have only just joined Vodafone with city fibre

Is the TV a smart TV (a model no. may help)? Are you connecting the ethernet cable to the TV or the freeview box (model no. here may help too, as not all are smart)?

Were you using this TV/freeview box with your previous provider O.K.?

Tv isn't Smart TV

MODEL Technical 32G22B-HD

MODEL Freeview box HRD-10000S/1010S

I have tried connecting cable to both, still asks to connect to internet

Yes I was using TV/Freeview with previous provider, all was ok.

thank you

The TV Technika 32G22B doesn't have internet connectivity, so you can't be connecting a cable to that.

The HRD-10000S/1010S ( I assume it's this one) HDR-1010S | HUMAX-United Kingdom (humaxdigital.com) can be used Wi-Fi or ethernet cable. The cable set up should be just plug it in at the freeSAT box and the router. Is there a reset function on the Humax to rest to defaults in case it's holding on to the previous router set up?

Have you tried a Wi-Fi setup?

Have you anything else you could use to test the ethernet ports are working on the Vodafone router? 

You are connecting into one of the yellow LAN ports and not the blue WAN port on the router.

i have reset to factory settings, it is still saying there is no signal and connect the cable, the cable I was using is a different size plug which doesn't fit the router, I have been trying the one which came with the router, which does seem to fit the Freeview box! maybe it isn't connecting properly? 

Is there a cable I can purchase which has different size plugs each end?

freeview box isn't wifi. 

@Wendyadele2020 wrote:

i have reset to factory settings, it is still saying there is no signal and connect the cable, the cable I was using is a different size plug which doesn't fit the router, I have been trying the one which came with the router, which does seem to fit the Freeview box! maybe it isn't connecting properly? 

Is there a cable I can purchase which has different size plugs each end?

freeview box isn't wifi. 

There is only one type on connector on ethernet cables. If you have cables with different connectors, they are not the correct cable.

They are known as RJ45 and look like this: 

Do not use the cable that came with the router and is marked internet, that is RJ11

Use the one marked LAN.

If your Humax is the one I linked to earlier it should have Wi-Fi.

The large headed plugs won't fit the router!!!