main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Windows mail

Martav81
2: Seeker

I've just switched to Vodafone Broadband and I'm trying to reset my email account on Windows Mail.

I receive mails without any problems of course, but I can't send any.

I'm trying to set the outgoing mails, but nothing seems working! Any help please? Thanks

View more options
22 REPLIES 22
Steph

Hey @Martav81 I hope you're well 😊 Have you tried the steps that are laid out here

View more options
Martav81

That's Vodafone Ireland 😀

I also couldn't find anything from Uk!!!

View more options
VFbroadbanduser
8: Helper

It will all be to do with your outgoing SMTP server settings and SMTP authentication settings. Depending on who hosts your email or who the provider is, sometimes you will have to authenticate through an ISP's server with a username and password to send emails.

The other way is to bounce all the emails to a email provider like Googlemail and then pick them up from there.

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

As far as I know, Vodafone doesn't provide an SMTP server (like a lot of ISP's now). You will have to find another.

Who is your email account with?

View more options
Martav81

Hi! thanks. What do you mean to bounce the email to a different provider?

View more options
Martav81

Tiscali.it. Which is italian. Which is not great after brexit.

I tried random SMTP servers but none is working lol

View more options
VFbroadbanduser

Bouncing means automatically forwarding all emails to another email account.

Have you looked at these settings and tried them:-

https://www.serversettings.email/tiscali.it-email-server-settings-pop.php

You will need to use SMTP authentication and also check you are using the correct port and SSL/TLS settings.

View more options
Martav81

I've tried with SMTP Tiscali, but it says "ESMPT server not available from your IP adress".

I've got a Tiscali app on my mobile, it doesn't send emails when I'm in UK, but does when I'm in Italy 😓

View more options
Jayach

I haven't heard of Tiscali for years. I think their email addresses ended up with TalkTalk.

Try @VFbroadbanduser suggestion, but I doubt it will work unless your address is @tiscali.it.

Let us know how it goes.

View more options
Jayach

@VFbroadbanduser wrote:

Bouncing means automatically forwarding all emails to another email account.

Actually bounce means to return to sender. What you refer to is forwarding, and it will still require access to an SMTP server.

@Martav81 Are you able to access your emails via a browser?

View more options
Martav81

Yes I do! Browser is ok, it's just Windows Live mail. But I'm not ready to give it up yet! probably I should

View more options
VFbroadbanduser

Did you get an ESMTP error code as well?

I am presuming your email address is an Italian address ending .it and not a .com or co.uk address etc...

View more options
Martav81

Nope, working ok from the web, but it's just a pain.

Email address is italian indeed, but been using it for years while abroad. A couple of years ago, windows live mail stopped sending emails, I was with Sky then, which didn't support it anymore.

Now Vodafone, which is even worse since I can't find any informations on this matter!

View more options
Jayach

So who's SMTP server have you been using up till now?

What portal (web address) do you use to log in on the web?

View more options
Martav81

I used to have smtp with sky, until it worked. Then nothing, I wasn't able to send any emails from windows live mail. 

Reading around, it seems that from abroad Tiscali.it's emails can be accessed only through web, which is not true since I've got no issues with receiving them. Also, I've found some people complaining about not been able to send mails from abroad with outlook or thunderbird too since 2010. Now, as i said, I've never had any issues until 2020, when sky considered Windows live mail old fashioned. At the time, I remember trying to install other apps, but no free ones were supported by sky (like thunderbird, em client, I've tried but nothing).

I was hoping to have my fully functioning emails back with Vodafone, I'd use a different app if working, everything rather than flipping webpage of tiscali!

View more options
Jayach

@Martav81 wrote:

Now, as i said, I've never had any issues until 2020, when sky considered Windows live mail old fashioned. At the time, I remember trying to install other apps, but no free ones were supported by sky (like thunderbird, em client, I've tried but nothing).

That is completely wrong, Sky never stopped you being able to use any apps/clients, but they changed their authentication requirements to OAuth, so they said only OAuth capable apps were supported.

However, you were/are still able to use any other apps/client with a generated password.

Do you have an active Sky email address? if so you can still use their SMTP server.

Also both Thunderbird and eM Client are (now) OAuth capable so work fine with Sky, without the generated password.

View more options
Jayach

I've just noticed you said Windows Live mail, earlier you said Windows Mail, so I assumed you meant Windows 10/11 Mail. If you say what your preferred client is, and you have a working Sky email address, it will be possible to use it with either (or both) Sky and Tiscali addresses.

How do you log in to Tiscali on the web?

View more options
Martav81

My huge mistake, I use Windows LIVE mail, not windows mail.

Tried also Thunderbird but unsuccessfully.

Sky address is still working, but smtp on either Windows live mail or Thunderbird not working, for both i receive emails but unable to send them.

I have also tried using gmail settings, same, not working.

www.tiscali.it is the website

View more options
Jayach

O.K. If your Sky email address is working, you can use their SMTP server. I'll take it one step at a time.

First thing you need to do is register and verify your Tiscali address with the server.

So log in to your Sky email account: https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email go to Settings - More Settings - Mailboxes and select your Sky mailbox.

You then need to add your Tiscali address as a "Send Only" address.

Opera Snapshot_2022-07-06_160328_mail.yahoo.com.png

Once that is done I'll explain how to use the SMTP server, but to give you a hint, so you can try to work it out yourself, it involves using a generated password: https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

More info from Sky: Problems accessing your Sky.com email from your email app | Sky Help | Sky.com

Did you try with @VFbroadbanduser Tiscali settings? TISCALI.IT email server settings - POP and SMTP - ServerSettings.Email

View more options