Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows mail

Martav81
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just switched to Vodafone Broadband and I'm trying to reset my email account on Windows Mail.

I receive mails without any problems of course, but I can't send any.

I'm trying to set the outgoing mails, but nothing seems working! Any help please? Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

Steph

Hey @Martav81 I hope you're well 😊 Have you tried the steps that are laid out here

That's Vodafone Ireland 😀

I also couldn't find anything from Uk!!!

It will all be to do with your outgoing SMTP server settings and SMTP authentication settings. Depending on who hosts your email or who the provider is, sometimes you will have to authenticate through an ISP's server with a username and password to send emails.

The other way is to bounce all the emails to a email provider like Googlemail and then pick them up from there.

As far as I know, Vodafone doesn't provide an SMTP server (like a lot of ISP's now). You will have to find another.

Who is your email account with?

Tiscali.it. Which is italian. Which is not great after brexit.

I tried random SMTP servers but none is working lol

Bouncing means automatically forwarding all emails to another email account.

Have you looked at these settings and tried them:-

https://www.serversettings.email/tiscali.it-email-server-settings-pop.php

You will need to use SMTP authentication and also check you are using the correct port and SSL/TLS settings.

I've tried with SMTP Tiscali, but it says "ESMPT server not available from your IP adress".

I've got a Tiscali app on my mobile, it doesn't send emails when I'm in UK, but does when I'm in Italy 😓

Did you get an ESMTP error code as well?

I am presuming your email address is an Italian address ending .it and not a .com or co.uk address etc...

Nope, working ok from the web, but it's just a pain.

Email address is italian indeed, but been using it for years while abroad. A couple of years ago, windows live mail stopped sending emails, I was with Sky then, which didn't support it anymore.

Now Vodafone, which is even worse since I can't find any informations on this matter!