Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

new vodafone router , cannot connect to canon TS3450 printer

ruthev
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have spent hours trying to print. It was simple before I changed to Vodafone router.

I have now added a cable from printer to router. The router is listing the printer.

The Macbook Air is not seeing this printer- I open 'add printer and scanner' but it is not listed and does not find it when I search- but I am not really sure how to search.

Its so frustrating because the router, the Mac, and the printer all work, but I cannot print.

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

So if it was working wirelessly previously, I would presume that you have changed the network settings on the printer so that it connects to the new network?

Then with the printer connected to the router, you'll probably need to go through the installation even after following that process.

*I hope that Canon printers are a little smarter than some HP printers in this aspect!

before I had a vodafone router the printer was connected to the wifi and I could print from Macbook air.

Now I cannot print.

I have connected the printer to the router, and the router has listed it in the overview tab of its webpage.

But the macbook air cannot connect.

I think I need a cable from printer to computer?

Jayach

You say you have connected the printer to the router and it is listing it.

But you also say you connected it to the router with a cable.

So is it listing it as a USB connected device or Wi-Fi connected device?

If the printer is Wi-Fi and has a WPS button/function, try using that to connect the router to the printer.

Cynric

That Canon printer does have a WPS button. I'm presuming that the Macbook already has the Canon help app installed as it was in use before moving to Vodafone. My guess is that the printer hasn't connected to the router over WiFi and that if the USB is plugged into the router it is not being fully shared and at the same time the printer is preferring the active USB over the WiFi. I'd disconnect the USB and go through WPS pairing, making sure that the WiFi connection is established.